Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Originally posted by bobyborisov@Aug 23 2004, 09:37 AM
HI!!!!!!Who want to performance your engine for sonata? :p
[snapback]876[/snapback]​

I do, I do. Any suggestions for best value performance upgrades on a 1999 sonata GLS? Please advise...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by furby@Sep 15 2004, 12:17 PM
I do, I do.  Any suggestions for best value performance upgrades on a 1999 sonata GLS?  Please advise...
[snapback]1181[/snapback]​

Hi!!!!!!I performanced my 1.8SOHC engine with turbocharger and the power increace up to30HP.I maked exhaust manifold but i have one problem.When i drive with 4000 and up rpm i have a detonasion?? when the engine is warm.I want to make intercooler and then i see.The pressure is 8psi and the engine fill good.May be i will "tuning" ECM but i haven't the software for this.Still yet!!If you have any idea i be happy!Bay

·
Registered
19 Posts
Originally posted by bobyborisov@Oct 27 2004, 09:20 AM
Hi!!!!!!I performanced my 1.8SOHC engine with turbocharger and the power increace up to30HP.I maked exhaust manifold but i have one problem.When i drive with 4000 and up rpm i have a detonasion?? when the engine is warm.I want to make intercooler and then i see.The pressure is 8psi and the engine fill good.May be i will "tuning" ECM but i haven't the software for this.Still yet!!If you have any idea i be happy!Bay
[snapback]2072[/snapback]​

Where did you find a turbocharger for a Sonata? I don't find it on the web. I have a 95 Sonata GLS.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Originally posted by furby@Sep 15 2004, 11:17 AM
I do, I do.  Any suggestions for best value performance upgrades on a 1999 sonata GLS?  Please advise...
[snapback]1181[/snapback]​

Install a CAI (cold air intake), it's cheap and it gives you some extra HP's. You will have to have one custom made, since it's hard to find a CAI for a Sonata (i couldn't). The only intakes I found for this model were Weapon R, but those aren't cold air intakes, they are short ram (cold air ones are a little better, and having one custom made its cheaper).

still.... where do i find a turbocharger for a sonata??? :(

·
Registered
20 Posts
QUOTE (bobyborisov @ Oct 27 2004, 01:20 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=2072
???
only 30hp more on 8psi of boost? I think you're about to blow your engine!!!!!!!!!!!! NO intercooler, no tune, stock intake? CRAZY!!!
You have detonation, because you blow huge amount hot air into your engine.

stop driving that piece of crap right now and work all the bugs out first. If you do everything right you will run less boost, but make easy 100hp or even more.
If there is not computers or chips for those cars, then get a stand alone computer like Megasquirt or something.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts