Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone else's engine make a sucking noise when turned off? My engine sounds fine but when I open the hood and turn it off I can hear it make a sucking sound almost like its releasing pressure. I can only hear it when im outside and someone turns the car off. Is this normal? Also, how often do you all add coolant? I added mine to full maybe like 5 months ago and today when I added oil to the car it was down to the halfway mark. I hadnt run the car all day and just moved it inside the garage. Does the car not running make the fluid drop or could I have a leak? thank you

·
Registered
223 Posts
i have the same problem, but its a sucking noise when i turn the car on. I have the 2.0 turbo version though. It sounds like moaning cow.

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
Does the sucking noise last maybe a half a second? If so mine does the same thing, but I can't tell where it comes from.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes its only like half a second, it is very short and I really only hear it when I have the hood open. It sounds like it is coming from the left side of the engine. I havent tested to see if it does it when I start it and I do not know if it happens all the time when I turn it off. I just changed my oil and noticed it so I dont know if it is just realeasing air or whats up with it. I just want to make sure its normal because the engine sounds pretty good overall except for that is kind of freaking me out

·
Registered
647 Posts
I hear a sucking sound when I get gas, it seems to be coming from my wallet. ba-dum bum.

But seriously folks, I have heard this before in other engines, my guess is it is air rushing in because of the residual vacuum in the intake manifold when the engine stops.

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
Yes its only like half a second, it is very short and I really only hear it when I have the hood open. It sounds like it is coming from the left side of the engine. I havent tested to see if it does it when I start it and I do not know if it happens all the time when I turn it off. I just changed my oil and noticed it so I dont know if it is just realeasing air or whats up with it. I just want to make sure its normal because the engine sounds pretty good overall except for that is kind of freaking me out
Yeah I think its normal. Only time I notice it is when I shut the car off in the garage, it seems louder in there.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts