Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2011 sonata gls I've been having a problem for 4 months now. When I'm driving on the highway, my engine will start to make a whining/grinding/moaning sound. Almost like something is rattling. It only does it around 2000-2500 rpm in every gear and goes away. The sound sometimes sounds like you can hear it from the rear but not sure. Now another problem has come up: after doing highway driving, when I go to accelerate, it's almost like the car stops in between shifting (as if you pushed a clutch in on a manual and didn't let go). It hesitates then the RPMs rise and slowly accelerates. Any ideas?

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2011 sonata with the exact same problem 67000 miles. I took it to the dealer I purchased it from. They said there were no trouble codes set. I had requested checking the tcm, ecm, abs, and speed control. They must have reset something or flashed each system because it runs better now. I have had to do this each year since buying the car. Good luck.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have a 2011 sonata with the exact same problem 67000 miles. I took it to the dealer I purchased it from. They said there were no trouble codes set. I had requested checking the tcm, ecm, abs, and speed control. They must have reset something or flashed each system because it runs better now. I have had to do this each year since buying the car. Good luck.
Thank you for that. I'm gonna run by and definitely give that a try. Very annoying problem.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I know it's been a while but I decided to update this thread. I visited the Hyundai dealer twice about the problem with my car, the second time because the problem has become worse. They can't find anything wrong with my car. Than ran diagnostics and no systems showed up abnormal, I even drove the mechanic and when he heard the sound, he had no idea what to say because he was dumbfounded by the sound. The only thing we could think of Is my 19" wheels is messing with the timing of the engine but not enough to throw a code in the system. Does anyone think that running the GDS adaptive learning computer program could teach the computer to learn driving with the 19" wheels? Thanks for your input

1 - 6 of 6 Posts