Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
I'm about at the end of my tether with my Hyundai Amica cdx (2007)
It's running perfectly, accelerates well and starts every time however the engine management light is on. A garage read this and the code came up as a camshaft sensor issue so this was replaced only for the light to come back on. Thinking it was a faulty sensor, the Cam sensor was changed again and sure enough a few hours later the light came on again.
Any ideas what we can do?
The error reads as camshaft sensor but the car is running fine and all the levels are OK in the car.

Thanks
Mandy

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
14,349 Posts
The ECU has no way of knowing whether a sensor is faulty or not. It only knows there is a fault with the sensor circuit as a whole. The sensor is only one part of the circuit. You'll need have the rest of the circuit checked to try and identify what the true cause of the code is.

·
Registered
2007 Honda CRV
4,406 Posts
Some mechanics are just parts changers
Find a fault code and replace that part
Sometimes it works

When replacing the part doesn't fix it, the parts changer doesn't know what to do next.
This is why there are auto electricians and high level diagnosticians
Should listen to autospark ... not about the clutch ... but about testing the rest of the circuit

BTW, what was the fault code, please format properly in OBD II standard

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Some mechanics are just parts changers
Find a fault code and replace that part
Sometimes it works

When replacing the part doesn't fix it, the parts changer doesn't know what to do next.
This is why there are auto electricians and high level diagnosticians
Should listen to autospark ... not about the clutch ... but about testing the rest of the circuit

BTW, what was the fault code, please format properly in OBD II standard
He's not even half the parts changer we come to expect. He pulled that O2 sensor out of the wind. The wind was emanating from his rear end....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts