Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So long story short, went to start my yf turbo today. Was hesitate to start. Went put gas then again hesitate to start but this time engine light goes on. I drive normal for the day car seems fine not losing power or anything. So I go buy a obd2 reader and get code p0340. Ran it 3 times to make sure. So its a camshaft sensor. Does anybody know what's a fix for it. I made the appointment for the dealer but if its something simple I can check or do myself I will be willing. I have read online and printed showing the possible cause and solutions. Any input. Its a 2011 model year with 29727 on it.

·
Registered
2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport
2,291 Posts
You have warranty. Let the dealer take care of that.

·
Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's exactly what I'm doing. And good thing is I know what the code is. So i go in tell them and hopefully can be out in a few hours.

·
Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Lol. Yea sadly, at the dealer I bought the car, I have to go prepared because they will try to be slick. One time I went for a ac issue with the charge, they tried to put a new cabin filter in and charge me 2 arms. Haha no thank you.

·
Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Update today dropped it off in the morning being so busy. Appointment at 845am didn't get called until 3pm (very busy due to holiday travels) they fixed my open tp3 recall. Thanks SBR :) :beer: and the code is because the rats ate the wiring. :mad: so they need to redo the wiring. Being late in the day and I got work to go to. I get it tomorrow am. $360 job. There goes some black friday spending money. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
330 Posts
Wow, have the dealership put hot pepper sauce on the replacement wires.

·
Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well everything is back to normal. Sucks they (the dealer) doesnt have anything to spray. So on Friday and the weekend my goal now is to find one in store before I order it online.

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Well everything is back to normal. Sucks they (the dealer) doesnt have anything to spray. So on Friday and the weekend my goal now is to find one in store before I order it online.
Sucks about the additional out of pocket. However, Black Friday was pathetic this year so I don't think you missed anything.

As for the mice problem. This is going to sound crazy but...dryer sheets!

My co-worker stores his Corvette over the winter and had this exact same problem. Uses bounce dryer sheets in (stuffed in the glove box, under the seats, in the console, and under the hood) and has not had a problem since.

Additional benefit is a fresh car!

·
Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sucks about the additional out of pocket. However, Black Friday was pathetic this year so I don't think you missed anything.

As for the mice problem. This is going to sound crazy but...dryer sheets!

My co-worker stores his Corvette over the winter and had this exact same problem. Uses bounce dryer sheets in (stuffed in the glove box, under the seats, in the console, and under the hood) and has not had a problem since.

Additional benefit is a fresh car!
Sounds like a great idea. My question is where in the hood the dryer sheets should go? And won't it burn or risk or fire while running?

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Sounds like a great idea. My question is where in the hood the dryer sheets should go? And won't it burn or risk or fire while running?
Try getting a hairnet or an onion bag and put the dryer sheets in there. Then tape/glue it to the fender well or somewhere near the problem area

The smell of the sheets is what drives the mice away. Their sense of smell is 10x better than their eye sight, so as long as its close enough to their snacking place, it should do the trick.

·
Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Adogg great advice thanks. I'm going go try it tomorrow. Been 1 week since issue was fixed and so far nothing seems to have been tampered. Could be I now park away from possible problem parking area. But the dryer sheets is a really great idea. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

·
Registered
10 Posts
honda makes a electrical tape with Tabasco sauce on its grey with white mice, so they dont eat the wires on a service update... work for honda own a sonata 20t lol

·
Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
honda makes a electrical tape with Tabasco sauce on its grey with white mice, so they dont eat the wires on a service update... work for honda own a sonata 20t lol
Thanks a bunch. Will also look into it. Since I had the wiring done they seem to wrapped it a strong wrap that seems to deter the rodents.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Wow I had the same problem last month. Same code. The squirrels chewed the wire to the camshaft sensor. $160 to repair as it wasn't covered under warranty.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts