Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Here is what they did to my car when it had that same warning last year:

http://www.hyundai-forums.com/2016-tucson-ix35-models/536018-vehicle-diagnostic-warning.html

Have you noticed a severe lack of power when trying to accelerate? You would definitely notice it. For me they ended up replacing the boost pressure sensor and when that same light came on a couple months later they replaced the turbo wastegate. It has been fine since then which has been about 10 months now.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Really?

You don't understand that useful and comprehensive text?

Spoiler alert.......
It does not say 'we built this car with a warning light that looks like an engine and when this light comes on you should simply ignore it'.

·
Registered
941 Posts
Easiest thing to do is to go to AutoZone and have them pull the codes.. at least that way you'll get an idea of what the car is telling you the problem is. Or buy your own scanner.. a cheap one will do the trick.

Then, either reset the codes if it's nothing serious, or go to a mechanic/dealership to have it diagnosed more or repaired.

"Engine Control System" could be anything.

Next time, if you didn't this time, turn off traction control when trying to plow through snow banks... traction control is your enemy in that situation.

·
Registered
2007 Honda CRV
4,582 Posts
Easiest thing to do is to go to AutoZone and have them pull the codes.. at least that way you'll get an idea of what the car is telling you the problem is. Or buy your own scanner.. a cheap one will do the trick.
Make sure you write the codes down before they erase them.

Then, either reset the codes if it's nothing serious, or go to a mechanic/dealership to have it diagnosed more or repaired.
$80 to $120 for diagnosis of the problem
And they can still be wrong
But you will have to pay for time spent working on the vehicle

"Engine Control System" could be anything.

Next time, if you didn't this time, turn off traction control when trying to plow through snow banks... traction control is your enemy in that situation.
Read codes and be sure.

·
Registered
250 Posts
obd scanner and app a for 10 bucks.

i scan and check my codes myself before i take it to anyone so i have i a sligt idea of whats going on.

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
Use your warranty.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you all for the quick response! I really appreciate it.
Just to give you an update I made an appointment next next Monday. That's the earliest I can go in to get it checked out.
I also bought the " Bluetooth OBD2 OBDII Car Diagnostic Scanner Code Reader"

So I'm gonna check the codes to see what's going on and have an idea what it is at least. It's under the warranty I suppose? I bought my car 2016 June.

·
Registered
842 Posts
You only have 27k miles, it's definitely under warranty. Get it checked ASAP, engine overheat issues shouldn't be happening no matter how hard you run the engine. But clutch overheat could be understandable, however the code you have isn't that.

·
Registered
845 Posts
I don't think anyone has pointed this out, but the longer message in the large screen appears to be nothing more than a text version of the CEL. It's telling you nothing more than the fact that your Check Engine Light is on, and that you should get it attended to.

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
One thing you should always pay attention to and understand; If the CEL light is on steady, you have a problem that needs to be looked into soon, but the vehicle can still be driven. You can get this if the gas cap is not tight.

But, if that CEL light is FLASHING, pull over as quickly as you safely can and shut the engine off. Flashing CEL means something has really gone wrong and damage will occur if you keep operating the vehicle. Typically major misfire, raw fuel going through and raising the cat temps dramatically. Think big bucks if you keep driving.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thank you all for the quick response! I really appreciate it.
Just to give you an update I made an appointment next next Monday. That's the earliest I can go in to get it checked out.
I also bought the " Bluetooth OBD2 OBDII Car Diagnostic Scanner Code Reader"

So I'm gonna check the codes to see what's going on and have an idea what it is at least. It's under the warranty I suppose? I bought my car 2016 June.
Dude, you have 5yr/100K mile warranty...are you dense????? Take it to the dealer and stop wasting everyone's time.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Simple "MIL"... can be an engine control input - output concern,, or a transmission input - output concern

I see a temp gauge there in pic,, look like it at normal operating temp..

5yr / 60,000 cover initially,, see Hyundai dealer of choice for scan and repair

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thank you all again!

I have an appointment next next monday. I hope the car will last til then alright.
Would you guys recommend just to take it to the dealer without an appointment?

Also, I finally got the Mini OBD2 Sensor. Where do I plug this thing in the car? Can anyone guide me?

Thank you all!

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Look at lower dash panel,, along bottom edge just to left of steering column centerline.. look under there with eyes and see DLC,, or just use fingers to feel along bottom of panel

1 - 17 of 17 Posts