Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Over on the Gencoupe forum they made an engine leash to keep the engine from rolling on the motor mounts under hard acceleration. It does give some very good feedback. Doesn't make any P but sure does change the way it drives when pushing it.

Here's mine for the 2L. Simple and cheap parts.

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
Interesting, didn't know something like this was needed on the coupe.

·
Registered
7,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not needed. But it can be done to any car. I use to have a V8 fwd that I used a chain between the front exhaust manifold and the subframe. You will never have to worry about the motor mounts needing replaced.

·
Registered
7,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I took the front one off. The lifting eye bent like a twizzler. The 1" square aluminum I got is too thick as the fuel rail interferes. I suppose I can machine the aluminum to fit but .........

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
I took the front one off. The lifting eye bent like a twizzler. The 1" square aluminum I got is too thick as the fuel rail interferes. I suppose I can machine the aluminum to fit but .........
From the length of the aluminum and only one bolt...it looks like you could pop that bolt? But I think the cable or ferrule would give-up 1st! :shades:

·
Registered
7,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
From the length of the aluminum and only one bolt...it looks like you could pop that bolt? But I think the cable or ferrule would give-up 1st! :shades:
No slack on them so the engine doesn't get a lot of shock momentum. Just strain. But the back one has held up OK. It's got two studs it mounts to under the strut bar. The front one is a 8mm bolt. The block is 10 mm bolts.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts