Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello.
Anyone offer some ideas why my 2006 Crdi 1.5 is hesitating at 2000 rpm going uphill?
Thanks
Aiden

·
Registered
7 Posts
Mine is petrol. Could be similar. My crank pulley came loose on the crank. It put both the valve timing and ignition timing out , I'm estimating, by about 15% eventually. The symptoms started the same as you describe. Seems to be a material /design flaw. Getz were recalled on this apparently. Easy to check.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Light1s

I used to have a Picanto and they were rife for that problem on the 1.1's I quickly got rid when it lost performance before it was too noticeable.
I've never heard of the crank shaft problem on either diesel cars, but thanks for the input

Aiden

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hello.

Anyone offer some ideas why my 2006 Crdi 1.5 is hesitating at 2000 rpm going uphill?

Thanks

Aiden

Every afternoon I leave work I have to drive up a relatively steep incline and mine feels like it's got severe turbo lag until it warms up and then it's not too bad. Another issue I had was it was jerking pretty badly at certain accelerator pedal locations, ended up replacing the pedal which includes the throttle position sensor and now seems to be working ok. It's now developed the non starting issue thought which I've seen a few times on this forum! Time to move it on?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Every afternoon I leave work I have to drive up a relatively steep incline and mine feels like it's got severe turbo lag until it warms up and then it's not too bad. Another issue I had was it was jerking pretty badly at certain accelerator pedal locations, ended up replacing the pedal which includes the throttle position sensor and now seems to be working ok. It's now developed the non starting issue thought which I've seen a few times on this forum! Time to move it on?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for the advice, I'm going to change the diesel filter at the weekend so we'll see if it's that first. I've put my Bluetooth reader on the obd port and there aren't any faults logged so that should rule out APS/TPS...
Not heard of the non starting issue, is it glow plugs maybe?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts