Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
170 for an air filter and installation?! Geez. takes one minute to replace urself, and cost like 12 bucks lol. Serious markup right there.

·
Registered
802 Posts
Alternately, there are a bunch available at other on-line locations, such as Amazon. Or, pick one up at just about any auto parts store. Installation isn't that difficult, so $100 to install from the dealer is a major ripoff!

·
Registered
170 Posts
Every two years (on several cars) I buy air and cabin filters online and replace them in a few minutes. Paying dealer retail and labor is a very expensive way to go.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Shame on them to charge a hundred bucks to install a filter, what a shady dealership. That's something that they should do for free when you buy it during an oil change.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Shame on them to charge a hundred bucks to install a filter, what a shady dealership. That's something that they should do for free when you buy it during an oil change.
Exactly. Even Walmart will install the air filter for free if u bought it there.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I get mine on e-bay coupled with the cabin filter. Runs about $17-20 for both and both can be replaced in under 5 min easy.

·
Registered
2,212 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That is an utterly absurd price. I haven't priced one lately but they can't be that difficult to self install. Your dealer must be related to Jesse James or some highway robber.

Part seems legit. Check the seller's rating; it's 100% positive.
I know I can install it myself in less than 2 minutes. It's even easier than changing spare tire. This kind of robbery is common in Canada.

·
Registered
330 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport
2,286 Posts
OP I would call Hyundai Corp and complain. Along with my Attorney General's Office (AG). Maybe even three way them all in for a nice conversation.

That is beyond absurd---that's gouging and most states would consider that illegal.

Does Ontario have an AG or office of consumer affairs? I would be willing to be you are not the first customer that has been "charged" this way

·
Registered
322 Posts
Maybe the additional ~$150 is VAT (value-added tax). I would tell them you forgot to print off the $150 off coupon so just have them apply it in absentia. You might also suggest that you give them an invoice for your time and it just coincidentally is $170 too, based on YOUR current unpublished non-negotiable and subject to change sans notice hourly rate of course. That's an equal amount absurdity back at 'ya Mr. Scholarship-winner Service Manager!

There is a reason the phrase "caveat emptor" came into being a long time ago.

·
Registered
2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport
2,286 Posts
maybe the additional ~$150 is vat (value-added tax). I would tell them you forgot to print off the $150 off coupon so just have them apply it in absentia. You might also suggest that you give them an invoice for your time and it just coincidentally is $170 too, based on your current unpublished non-negotiable and subject to change sans notice hourly rate of course. That's an equal amount absurdity back at 'ya mr. Scholarship-winner service manager!

There is a reason the phrase "caveat emptor" came into being a long time ago.
lol!!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts