Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My sonata recently has being experiencing problems that he me worried, there's only 41,000 miles on the clock and when in the morning I could be cruising and the engine just dies and the reves go to zero, Very dangerous when in the middle of trafic, I just got the car serviced and nothing mechanical seems to be the problem but its making me very worried and nervous when driving. It usually starts straight a way. Its Sonata Gls 16V and year 2000.

Anyone else with similar problems.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi, I'm driving a 95 Sonata my father used to drive. Sorry for my english, I live in Peru. I remember that the last year the car had the same problem you are describing (revs went suddently down to almost zero). Since back then it wasn't my car, i didn't pay much attention to what the repair guy said when we took the car to the repair place, but i kinda remember he said that the problem wasn't mechanic, it had something to do with a chip that controls the fuel mix. They replaced that chip and the problem dissapeared. Hope this could be useful.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by javierrpaiva@Sep 15 2004, 02:55 PM
Hi, I'm driving a 95 Sonata my father used to drive. Sorry for my english, I live in Peru. I remember that the last year the car had the same problem you are describing (revs went suddently down to almost zero). Since back then it wasn't my car, i didn't pay much attention to what the repair guy said when we took the car to the repair place, but i kinda remember he said that the problem wasn't mechanic, it had something to do with a chip that controls the fuel mix. They replaced that chip and the problem dissapeared. Hope this could be useful.
[snapback]1185[/snapback]​

Found out what the problem was, It was the sensor at the crankshaft that forced the engine to die and its fixed now. Thanks for the reply

·
Registered
1 Posts
Originally posted by tipptop@Sep 6 2004, 07:12 AM
My sonata recently has being experiencing problems that he me worried, there's only 41,000 miles on the clock and when in the morning I could be cruising and the engine just dies and the reves go to zero, Very dangerous when in the middle of trafic, I just got the car serviced and nothing mechanical seems to be the problem but its making me very worried and nervous when driving. It usually starts straight a way. Its Sonata Gls 16V and year 2000.

Anyone else with similar problems.
[snapback]1079[/snapback]​

Hi there,
Yeap! I too had this problem. What I intially did was disconnect the "LAMBDA SENSOR" on the manifold and reconnected it after 5 minutes. What it does is resets the fault memory on the ECM (Electronic Control Module).
This rectified my fault, if it does not resort your fault disconnect the LAMBDA CONNECTION and if the motor runs properly. Replace the LAMBDA SENSOR.

Good luck

·
Registered
19 Posts
Yeah, I just asked and the problem I had was with that sensor, I think it has to do with the air/fuel mix. What surprises me is that your car is a 2000 model, and mine is a 1995, and both had the same problem. It seems it may be a widespread problem with those sensors from Hyundai.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts