Hyundai Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK here it is. The Engine Damper from KFXperformance. I'd rate this add-on a must have 8 out of 10, the install was on a 2007 Accent SR. It has the DCsports Strut bar and AC. Some modification is needed.

1. You will need a longer screw and washer to mount the front bracket.
2. You'll need to cut out a section fo the DCsport strutbar.

[attachmentid=8763][attachmentid=8764]

Attachments

·
Registered
810 Posts
relevance

Originally posted by ewing@Jul 21 2008, 03:07 PM
i don't accelerate quickly or shift hard and all that that would make the engine really move harshly.

BUT, i do drive down a couple of REALLY rutty gravel/dirt roads. if you drive them slowly, it's a real bone shaker. i tend to drive them quickly (60kmh) in order not to allow the suspension to let the wheels dip down into the ruts - just cruise over them w/ less jarring, but it still vibrates.

would this mod be of much use driving on areas like this? ie will it save motor mounts/suspension/other bits from some wear? enough to make it worth the price of admission?

the road is a bit over 4km long and i plan to drive it both ways 1-2 times/week until about october.

if it'll do wonders, then i may be able to justify the expense. if not, fuggedaboutit!
[snapback]177701[/snapback]​

The engine damper has nothing at all to do with road conditions (bumps, ruts, etc). or the vehicle's suspension. The engine damper prevents or reduces the engine's "torquing" effect under hard acceleration. Instead it tranfers that torque to the wheels rather than allowing the engine to "twist" in the mounts, so to speak.

So to answer your question, no it will not "save" your engine mounts on rough roads. Your engine mounts have nothing to do with rough roads, the car's suspension does. Engine mounts dampen the vibrations produced by the engine so that they are not transferred to the body of the car. If you've never driven a car with a bad engine mount, trust me, they make a HUGE difference.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.