Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With school starting back up I have not had time to pay attention to the accent.
I went to the do it yourself car wash, I was cleaning the engine bay and noticed that my engine coolant was low, like really low, way past the low mark.
I went to autozone got a jug of 50/50 filled it up and was fine.
Has this happened to anyone else?
I also did do the coolant bypass mod, but i dont think that is the problem, because I dont notice puddles in my parking spots.

Johnny

·
Registered
4,624 Posts
Mine gets low about every 4 -6 months. Like down to the 'Low' mark. I dunno if the coolant bypass has anything to do with it, since it has happened since day 1...
It's annoying, but it's not the end of the world :) Coolant is easy enough to put in, and it doesn't appear to be drastically leaking, so yay.

·
Administrator
2021 Elantra Limited
3,855 Posts
Mine has been doing that for the last 70,000 miles. It's low again, will top it off in a couple days when i change the oil.  Never figured out what's causing it.  Doesn't appear to be leaking, doesn't seem to be getting in the oil, no white smoke from the tailpipe.  I just deal with it,when it gets worse then it will be a concern.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Same thing happenes to mine, it's always used a little coolant. It does't seem to be leaking or entering the engine. I have 87,000 miles, and it still runs well so, don't worry if it's only small amounts at a time.

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
It's probably leaking from the waterpump shaft and evaporating before it touches the ground. Nothing to really worry about.

*runs out to check his coolant level*

·
Registered
810 Posts
All Accents seem to do this so whatever it is, it's a design flaw. Thankfully, it seems to perpetually sit at the level it's at right now in my car and goes no further. The last time I topped it up, even to the 'low' point on the overflow, it lowered itself right back down to where it was before within a week.

Granted, I do 130-140* on the highway every day for a constant 15km stretch, then 70-100 the rest of the way. That little engine's gotta get hot.

* following the speed of the rest of the traffic in the fast lane during rush hour - remember folks, if you're the only one doing well below what the rest of the traffic around you is doing, YOU'RE the potential problem

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I remember mine sitting just above the L mark for a while, stopped paying attention to my car, did a few short road trips, but it def is not leaking like crazy

1 - 7 of 7 Posts