Hyundai Forums banner

Engine Compartment - missing screw & holes

8K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  ImStricken06 
#1 ·
OK, last weekend I was looking in the engine compartment in order to have the block heater cord moved to the front of the SF just below the front bumper:

I noticed what seemed to me was a bolt missing just before the battery (see 1st picture) and I noticed when facing the engine bay the top left side had circle holes for bolts and I noticed daylight coming from it and I think it goes straight into the right front wheel well.

Wondering if my fellow SF Sport owners have noticed the same and your thoughts on it.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
you will find hundreds of holes or empty unused welded nuts in almost every car. some welded nuts are for other items in similar cars across the world. or accessories you might not have bought.
many empty holes also crumple zone simulators. a hole in sheet metal gives metal a spot to crumple - without having to bend the metal into wavy shapes.
sometimes holes are vents. you'd be surprised how much pressure in random places is accumulated within a car.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.