Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey!! I`m new to this forum and I would like to know how to get the engine codes, I had a sparkplug wire disconnected when I bought the car and the engine light wasn`t on like it was should of been. 1997 Tiburon fx auto tranny 160 000 kms. Thanks guys

·
Registered
4,851 Posts
Check and make sure the light actually works. When you initially turn on the car, all the idiot lights should do a self check. Look for the check engine light. To download codes, call around and see if one of the big box auto parts stores will read codes for free like they do down here in Crazyland.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes the check engine light is working, when I turn the ignition on the light comes on for about three seconds and then shuts off so I`m thinking it should light up if it detects a problem with the engine or tranny. Is there something i can do with the key (on,off,on,off) to make the light flash or something?

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
You need 1 of these to get access to all your vehicle codes -

Attachments

·
Registered
378 Posts
Just so you know these cars have OBD2. OBD1 can flash the code but 2 needs a code reader. For the price of having the dealer just check for codes once you can get your own code reader at the parts store and check your own codes anytime. It will save you money in the long run.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts