Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright guys,

I had knocking issues with my engine for the past year, when going for an oil change in Montreal Canada, I spoke to the service guy and told him I had a weird noise issue coming from the engine. A knocking sound, which was more loud when the engine was cold. As the engine was warmed up, the toc toc toc knocking sound was still present but barely audible.

Just went to my dealer today, I will get my engine replaced free of charge. Zero fees to pay, unless I want to change the antifreeze.

I drive a 2011 Elantra with 200,000 km (120k miles) and will get a free engine. I never changed a part on thos engine. Not even the spark plugs! No oil change invoice to provide. Dealer said there is 25 cars ahead of me (engine change) and that he just started to receive 3 engines this week. He said it will take 2-3 months before he gets my engine. And that the new engine warranty will be unlimited. He even said that a guy with a 400,000 km (240k miles) Showed up for the engine replacement program, and hyundai approved it.

He related that all 2011-2012 ad 2013 are admissible.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
@superteckmp

HAHAHAAAA,, Hyundai does not have long blocks available.. Short blocks is being tooled up with the rash of 1.8L noisey engines

You need to find out exactly what this fella is calling a "new" engine,, get a written list from the fella and post it here..

We is on our 3rd or 4th RE-MAN short block since first of year.. took almost a month to get part.. we lucked into a "new" short block, I put old head on it and call it a day

Last 1 I did was a Re-Man short block, new head, old valves and misc, new chian and rails - tensioner,, 2 CVVT and a cam,, cams is hard to come by

Dont know why you stated coolant is out of your pocket,,, USA gets oil and coolant to assemble engine and make it run,,, you want plugs, drive belt, hoses,, that out of your pocket

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.