Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks! Newbie here. 2008 Entourage, about 35,000 miles. I'm thinking about doing some easy maintenance myself. Couple of questions for the old hands here:

1. What is the best place for Hyundai parts online. I've had good experience with Rock Auto, so I thought I'd go there, unless anyone can direct me to a better/cheaper online source.

2. Can anyone give me any pointers to how to change both air filters? I'm assuming both can be changed quickly with no tools. Is this correct?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
QUOTE (tummy43 @ Oct 11 2010, 02:29 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=362698
Hi folks! Newbie here. 2008 Entourage, about 35,000 miles. I'm thinking about doing some easy maintenance myself. Couple of questions for the old hands here:

1. What is the best place for Hyundai parts online. I've had good experience with Rock Auto, so I thought I'd go there, unless anyone can direct me to a better/cheaper online source.
What wrong with local dealer, have your parts during lunch break... save shipping/handling/insurance/damage part claims

2. Can anyone give me any pointers to how to change both air filters? I'm assuming both can be changed quickly with no tools. Is this correct?
Pop the 4 clips that hold air filter box together, raise enough to swap filters..

For the HVAC filter, drop the glove box down (remove them 2 side tab I think it is, and maybe a link), see tray, pull tray or door and swap filter.. May be covered in your owner manual..

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the pointers on installing. I think I'll stick with Rock Auto. Both filters cost less than $20 shipped. The dealer wanted over $50. I'm just trying to save a few bucks.

·
Registered
21 Posts
QUOTE (tummy43 @ Oct 11 2010, 04:47 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=362769
Thanks for the pointers on installing. I think I'll stick with Rock Auto. Both filters cost less than $20 shipped. The dealer wanted over $50. I'm just trying to save a few bucks.
Good price. Live on Long Island, New York and at the local parts store air was $14 and $18 for the cabin. If your
situation is the same as an Elantra, the clips on the inside of the glove box are a little tricky. Have to pry out, slip
one way or the other and rotate to extract. Believe owners manual does explain.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts