Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my 150k+ Accent with the extreme cold , the suspension up front is rattling like crazy over bumps. Didn't do this with warmer temps. I was just looking at the sway bar links when i changed the tires last month and wondering how much longer they would last.

I see the OE parts are no longer available. I do not want the greaseable ones. What's a good brand for another 150k miles? And should I replace the bushings too?

I put in new struts and strut bearings in front a year ago. Maybe something else is worn out now?

·
Registered
882 Posts
The sway bar bushings can fail also. When you say crazy rattle I will check all ball joint parts if there's no obvious bushing play, especialy lower ball joint. The lower ball joint bolt doesn't have lock bolt, so be sure to tighten them. If you don't have air gun, preload the lower control arm before tightening the nut

Check the strut mount, my new strut mount failed on the first day.

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
I'm experiencing similar noises or a sharp thud when going over even small bumps with daughter 2007 Elantra , replaced the sway bar links some 3 yrs back with AC Delco - but if I had to do it over again would buy one's with grease fittings - like some Moog.

I checked the sway bar links in the rear - OEM and tough to move so grease dried up, ended up just making a small puncture in the rubber cup and pumping up with grease. At least on the Elantra the OEM sway bar links were poor quality.

If you bought a decent brand your strut mounts - bearings and rubber bushings should not be worn out after a year.

As camper suggests you might want to check the sway bar bushings themselves - although I read a post on the Elantra board that they can be painful to replace.

·
Registered
49 Posts
2009 accent 170000 I replaced bar end links with Moog I like them a lot better with grease fittings and they are much thicker Steel and bigger ball joints they fit perfect and solved a lot of the clunking problems

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Who told you they no longer available ??

Send me a VIN and let me look at price and avail... Bet they in our region PDC too

·
Registered
13,349 Posts
So my 150k+ Accent with the extreme cold , the suspension up front is rattling like crazy over bumps. Didn't do this with warmer temps. I was just looking at the sway bar links when i changed the tires last month and wondering how much longer they would last.

I see the OE parts are no longer available. I do not want the greaseable ones. What's a good brand for another 150k miles? And should I replace the bushings too?

I put in new struts and strut bearings in front a year ago. Maybe something else is worn out now?
Not surprising. They finally ran out replacing them.

Get AutoZone's brand. They're lifetime. I'm on my third set now (OEM/Replacement/Replacement)

They aren't hard to do, either. Just take the wheel off.

·
Registered
244 Posts

I have the same problem too and two weeks ago i bought the sway bar bushings (at 10 euro each) which are worn out and cause noise, original from kia. The kia retailer has verified that both the control arms and the sway bar links are all available (at disproportionate prices, but this is another matter!), if only the bushings does not solve the noise problem, but actually i can find all by third-party brands.

The sway bar link from delphi (TC2193 and TC2194) cost about 10 euros each. Idem for lemforder (34475 01 and 34476 01), that is a premium german brand (part of the zf group).

If you want oem and your hyundai dealer does not have them, i can advise you to check with a Kia dealer, and ask for Kia Rio JB (2005/6-2010/11) spare parts.

·
Registered
8,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was looking online at ebay and there was a company (Detroit Axle) that had full parts replacement kits for the front end. From the sway bar links to lower control arms the works.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Can you buy from partsgeek? I use it to check the spare parts and have everything for these cars.

Inviato dal mio Moto Z2 Play utilizzando Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts