Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my i10 1.25 in July 2012 and was over the moon. Awesome little car. However, in May this year it started making a horrible zzzzzzzzz noise from the brakes on the front left wheel. I took it to the dealer and they kept on saying it's "glazing" on the pads. I booked it in and they cleaned the glazing, only to have the same noise returning the very same day I got the car back. They booked it in again, and exactly the same thing happened. It also made a very strange noise when pulling away slowly on an uphill. Booked it in once again and this time they replaced the disks and pads. Two days later, same thing happened. I took it to a different dealer. They booked it in for a day and came back saying the brakes are quiet and they noise it made on an uphill is because there was dust in the clutch. Got the car back, exactly the same thing. I then became suspicious and took the car to check if it wasn't in an accident and then sold to me as new. Found that the setback on the front wheels were off, but nothing else. I then took it for wheel alignment check. Turns out the left front wheel's camber was off by a mile.

Took it back to Hyundai and they had their technical team take a look at the car. Report came back, they said they test drove it for 100km, nothing wrong. They also had the wheel alignment checked and then repaired. When I got the report and the wheel alignment report back, it turns out they only drove 1km with my car and the wheel alignment was still out of spec. The left front wheel was not perfect, but the camber on the right front wheel and left back wheel was out, also the toe angles on the rear wheels were out by a mile. Oh, and they also tore my rear bumper after hooking it on something.

They took the car again, and it was sent to head office to do the same report. They also had the wheel alignment done. Wheel alignment still out of spec, and I never received the report for what they did, but they traveled over 500km in my car. They also delivered the car with a message from the customer relations manager, a Mr Max Germani, stating the the car was in perfect condition and everything was fine. Even though the wheel alignment report was still out of spec. (This guy is probably Gandalf in his dreams, he just waves his magic wand and everything is okey.)

So I now checked my car after receiving it back. My steering wheel is now skew, I would guess that is because they bent the front wheels to get the camber in range. I also have the exact same noise when pulling away on uphills, I have proof this is not in my head as I was able to record it with my phone. I also inspected the under side of my car there are two huge holes in the rubberizing, courtesy of Hyundai's lifts.

I'm at my wits end, Hyundai South Africa really sucks, they simply refuse to give straight answers or assist their clients. I would really like to hear from other users in South Africa with similar problems, maybe if all of us work together we can get Hyundai Korea, or even India to assist with the crap that's going on here. They are spoiling the brand for everyone.

I would also like to find out if anybody here knows why they would struggle to get the wheel alignment within spec? I suspect it's because of a bent chassis or bent suspension. Please help. These guys sold me a patched up car and told me it was new.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Wheel alignment reports. 2012 i10

Here's the wheel alignment reports from Hyundai. According to them, this is fine and withing vehicle specification. Any thoughts from you guys would be appreciated.

Attachments

·
Registered
176 Posts
Sorry to hear of your problems Marius,perhaps your best option would be to cut your losses and trade it in for another vehicle from a different manufacturer.Hyundai seem to be behind other manufacturers in customer care the world over, although I personally have not had any problem getting minor problems solved.Good luck.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Any wheel alignment issue is not going to cause buzzing noises from a wheel. Your alignment is not perfect but I don't think that is the issue here. Does your car have ABS, ESP, Traction control etc? I think you are hearing brake application on the left front wheel. This could have a number of causes, odd tyres, wheel slip, crook speed sensor on the wheel or damaged tone wheel/gear on the hub. Do you have an alternative dealer you can go to? Is there a KIA dealer nearby? the Hyundai and KIA are almost identical technology wise. Last resort try and make as much noise direct to Hyundai Korea or the area manager as you can. I agree with Jezza, it rapidly becomes cost prohibitive to keep taking a car back when it's not being fixed, some dealers rely on you getting pissed and dropping the issue. Good luck with it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks a lot for the advise guys. I got the car back on Monday after Hyundai SA had it for over two weeks. Drove home from work, and as I pulled into my driveway, exact same thing. The brakes make a funny zzzzzz noise, and also, if I pull away slowly on a slight uphill, it makes a kind of noise that sounds like a rusty gate opening. I'm also now picking up a humming noise when traveling at 30km\h and upwards?

Ray G, yes, it has ABS and EBD, that's it. The noise is intermittent and it's still there even after they replaced disks and pads on the front? Oh, and I've been to three different dealers as well as head office.

I'm so dissapointed! This is our 3rd i10, my wife has a 1.1 and we had a 2009 1.2, both awesome with absolutely no problems. That's why we bought the 3rd one!

·
Registered
117 Posts
This is the first time I ham listening so much problems one is facing from Hyundai Grand i10. I will suggest you to get ABS checked. ABS fault can be a point that requires attention. But one thing that I would like to say is that once the car goes under repairing or servicing for any problem, the feel of new car can;t be experienced from it. I was too planning to buy Hyundai i10 recently, but Hyundai launched its new variant of i10 that is Grand i10. i then moved my mind and set it towards Grand. The new Grand i10 I bought with new add advanced features. But only one thing I expect that I don;t want to face the problem ass you faced.
Till now its running great...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi Guys,

So Hyundai South Africa is now ignoring me completely. Their CRM said my car is within spec and if I'm not happy I can go complain somewhere else. Really bad service and attitude from them.

Anyway, I was hoping you guys could help me a little, I have a huge concern at the moment. I'm attaching pictures that show the brackets holding the suspension on the front wheels, I don't know what these are called? You'll note on the left hand side, there is a clear gap between these brackets and the underside of the car, where the one on the right is nice and in line, it's also sealed clearly by the rubberizing underneath. I would really appreciate it if you guys could check your cars to see if this is normal. The feeling I get is that because this is loose, or not properly installed, it causes the problems with the wheel alignment. After 4 attempts, nobody can get the wheel alignment in spec.

Thanks guys.
Marius

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts