Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My new i30 is 8 months old and has 9200k on the clock. It has been in for repair three times. The engine begins to run a little roughly and the emisiones light comes on and stays on. First time they cleaned the plug and told me to drive the car a little harder. Second time they replaced the plug with a new one, telling me the old one was faulty. Now it has to go in again with same fault. They tell me that the car needs longer runs, which sounds stupid to me. Most drives are of at least 17 kilometres and some are along the motorway to Malaga And back, more than 120 kilometres.
I am worried that this problem is going to keep recurring and wondered if anyone had any advise for me. Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
It wouldn't appear that this is not a common problem. Not sure if that makes me feel better or not. I have passed the problem to Hyundai here in Spain and they promise to look into it for me. I will report back.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The yellow light in the shape of the engine. This is the emissions warning light according to the dealer and manual. As for scanning the car, I have no idea what you mean....

·
Registered
2007 Honda CRV
4,574 Posts
Check engine light??

Are there any lemon laws where you are?
If there is then I would look into trying to get the dealer to take back the car
Either get another car or refund all the money back.

·
Registered
4,232 Posts
By scanning you need to have the car put on a diagnostic scanner to read any possible fault codes. The dealer has the very best and should do it under warranty. The story about not driving hard enough is absolute rubbish and the dealer has an obligation to fix your car.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ah now I see. I think the dealer has scanned the car on at least two occasions. as for them taking the car back, I would rather they fixed it if possible, but intimately I may try that. I am interested to see what Hyundai say about it..

·
Registered
10 Posts
Ah now I see. I think the dealer has scanned the car on at least two occasions. as for them taking the car back, I would rather they fixed it if possible, but intimately I may try that. I am interested to see what Hyundai say about it..
The reason people are asking about the "lemon law" is that here in the US most states have a law that protects the owner in situations like this. For example here in Ohio is you find a problem that significantly affects the safety, performance, or value of the vehicle in the first year or 18k miles and the dealer cannot fix it in a reasonable amount of time you are entitled to a full refund of the purchase price or a new car.
Check your local laws you may have consumer protection rights you are not aware of.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you for that. Having reported this matter to Hyundai, Spain, I will see what the dealer does on Tuesday, when I take the car in. I will report back.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Got the car back. I am told that the plug has been redesigned and that the now one should not cause this problem again. They also replaced the sensor. As a new model it is prone to little problems and it appears that this is one of the. I keep my fingers crossed that all works well from now on.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts