Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know where the ignition switch is to a 2014 Tucson limited?

The key fob opens the door but the car does not start. We have the metal key from out of the fob and don't know where to put it. The owners manual shows a picture of it and a location just to the left of the start button ... but it's not there.

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
For my 2011 i40 Smart Key, hold the fob against the push button and push with the fob. This would be if the battery in the fob was flat.

·
Registered
125 Posts
With our model 2011 with push button start you put the key fob in the cutout in the centre console between the seats.
Just lift up the lid and you will see the shape of the key fob inside. ( The metal key is only used to open the door.)
If it still doesn't start it maybe the brake light switch. You can override this by holding the start button for around 10 secs.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So I tried the method described by @gerard2 and nothing. Changed the battery on the fob (again) and now there is no indication that the key is in the car and absolutely nothing happens when we push the start button. I'm thinking we may have blown a fuse trying to start it so many times.

There is no cutout in our 2014 glovebox and the manual shows the ignition switch on the steering column to the left of the on/off button. (Not there)

Towing it to the dealer soon.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts