Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I changed rear rotors and pads on my 2007 Elantra GLS yesterday. My new rotors didn't come with the rubber dust plug that you pop out to adjuster your emergency brake pads. I lost one of those dust plugs. Where do I find them or do I really need to put one in there.

Thanks!

·
22,788 Posts
Cheap method: One of those "Pull-it-Yourself" salvage yards if you want one for next to nothing. Pocket item.

Local auto parts stores. Either through their catalogs, or possibly on those peg board wall shelves with other generic rubber replacement parts. Take your remaining one with you for comparison. Here's a quick site for referernce:https://www.google.com/search?q=rubber+dust+plugs+brakes&newwindow=1&source=univ&tbm=shop&tbo=u&sa=X&ei=8zTAUvPsK6amygGd8YDQCw&ved=0CC4Qsxg&biw=1569&bih=840&dpr=1

Not as cheap method: Dealer can order you one IF the parts counter guy is good with schematics.

I think I'd look around the work area where I replaced the rotors to see if I could find it.

As far as importance. Two schools of thought. Some say "To heck with it." Others, like me, want it there. If the car came with it, more often than not, there's probably a good reason for it being there. Like keeping out dust, road/salt garbage, stuff like that. Not going to kill your brakes to go without it for a few days until you can get a replacement. IF that's what you decide to do.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts