Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a 2012 hyundai accent not too long ago with 20,000 miles on it but, I am able to hear a long beep noise go off somewhere around my engine every time I shut my car off. Is this normal? It's not loud at all just enough to hear it. I've also had a situation occur where I have gone to turn my rear defrosters on and while remaining stopped at a light and i heard i vibrating noise come from the rear of the cabin but then stopped once i began to drive. Could this be related?

·
Registered
43 Posts
the noise under the hood is normal, my 13 se does it. its real noticable if u have the hood up. i suspect it has something to do with keeping fuel preasure for the diriect injection but have no evidence to support it, just a thought. dont know about the rear defrost since i havent used my yet and have never had the use for rear defrost before so prob never will?

·
Registered
283 Posts
the noise under the hood is normal, my 13 se does it. its real noticable if u have the hood up. i suspect it has something to do with keeping fuel preasure for the diriect injection but have no evidence to support it, just a thought. dont know about the rear defrost since i havent used my yet and have never had the use for rear defrost before so prob never will?
+1 to it being normal,

·
Registered
80 Posts
+2 to it being normal. I had the same question awhile ago. It is the fuel pump.

"The high-pressure fuel pump is a mechanical-pump, driven by the exhaust cam. If the engine is not turning - the pump is not pumping.

You are either hearing the lift-pump (on key-on) or the electronically-controlled throttle-body "parking" itself (after key-off)."

Quote from another forum member.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts