Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

I have 2002 Hyundai XG350 with 96,000 miles on it. Recently it was having shaking and RPM constantly staying at 2000 issues. So, I took it to Hyundai dealer and have him run computer diagnostics. He suggested to replace Electronic Throttle Motor Assembly unit as the computer was showing P1192 and two other codes. He gave me an estimate of $1130 inclusive of $905 for the motor unit plus 2 hrs worth of labor charges. I also got an estimate from other local mechanic and he gave me an estimate of $950, but he didn't say anything about replacing ETS motor unit. He just advised me about replacing ignition sensors and bunch of other things that I didn't understand.

I searched the part at AutoZone, Strauss Auto and Advanced Auto parts. None of them had it. DOES ANYONE KNOW where can I can find the unit other than dealer? Also, please recommend any dealer in Union County, Middlesex County, Essex County, Brooklyn or any where in the NY/NJ metro area that can fix this at lower price.

Thank you all in advance.

·
Premium Member
15,116 Posts
welcome to the forums :00000732:

l am moving your post over to the XG forum for a better response

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
You state you have codes ... but you only provide a code...

You need to provide all codes, as there is a TSB for repair with certain combos of codes for the throttle control system... 3.5 is the worst system to work with, piece of crap system in the first place.. we hate them, as most repairs is just a guess with them.

I do have a good good throttle body assembly that another tech guesed on.. and I do have a good TPS that customer requested to be replaced based on his diag with free Auto Zone scan...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts