Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
'13 Sonata GLS w/ 4100 miles - when snow was on the ground 4 days ago, the ESC symbol would occasional flash indicating loss of traction (I was sort of pushing it around some corners for fun) and it seemed to correct throttle, etc. - everything working as it should.

Then yesterday on the commute home with nothing on the ground the light came on and stayed on while driving local & highway. This morning's start-up it was gone. Commute home and it came on again 5 minutes into the drive. But again another restart the light doesn't stay on.

I tried reading codes with an OBD scanner but it says NO CODE - the light is currently off, but was hoping it stored something. Manual says possible ESC malfunction if the light stays on, but it's been erratic.

Anyone else experience this? Appointment isn't until 12 days from now.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Your generic OBDII scanner can only read engine codes. Other codes and data such as ESC, ABS, SRS etc. are proprietary and accessible only with a Hyundai monitor or expensive professional unit (i.e. SnapOn).
We can only speculate as to the cause of your issue, perhaps a wheel sensor was damaged driving through the snow. The dealer should be able to retrieve a stored code and go from there.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts