Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I helped an individual with a jump start and now things don't work. The radio is on and can change channels but no sound. The power lift gate does not work and gas cap release does not work. Al other power options work such as sunroof, windows, locks,power pedals,etc. If I unhooked the battery, do you think it would reset or is it something more severe? Thanks!

·
Registered
578 Posts
I helped an individual with a jump start and now things don't work. The radio is on and can change channels but no sound. The power lift gate does not work and gas cap release does not work. Al other power options work such as sunroof, windows, locks,power pedals,etc. If I unhooked the battery, do you think it would reset or is it something more severe? Thanks!
You may have blown a 125amp fuse link in the Battery Fusible Link Box (electrical box forward of the power steering reservoir). If this is the case... you should have a few more item not functioning. TRAILER FUSIBLE LINK (TRAILER POWER OUTLET), C/FAN FUSIBLE LINK (CONDENSER FAN RELAY #1) , R/FAN FUSIBLE LINK (RADIATOR FAN RELAY), P T/GATE FUSIBLE LINK (POWER TAIL GATE CONTROL MODULE), AMP FUSE (JBL AMP), RR BLOWER FUSE (REAR A/C RELAY), AC INVERTER FUSIBLE LINK (AC INVERTER MODULE), P/OUTLET FUSE (POWER OUTLET RELAY), IP BOX B+3 FUSIBLE LINK4 (DRL FUSE, RR FOG FUSE, FUEL LID FUSE, FR WIPER FUSE, TILT &TELE FUSE). :(

·
Registered
5 Posts
You may have blown a 125amp fuse link in the Battery Fusible Link Box (electrical box forward of the power steering reservoir). If this is the case... you should have a few more item not functioning. TRAILER FUSIBLE LINK (TRAILER POWER OUTLET), C/FAN FUSIBLE LINK (CONDENSER FAN RELAY #1) , R/FAN FUSIBLE LINK (RADIATOR FAN RELAY), P T/GATE FUSIBLE LINK (POWER TAIL GATE CONTROL MODULE), AMP FUSE (JBL AMP), RR BLOWER FUSE (REAR A/C RELAY), AC INVERTER FUSIBLE LINK (AC INVERTER MODULE), P/OUTLET FUSE (POWER OUTLET RELAY), IP BOX B+3 FUSIBLE LINK4 (DRL FUSE, RR FOG FUSE, FUEL LID FUSE, FR WIPER FUSE, TILT &TELE FUSE). :(
I was driving in the rain today and my front wipers started to work intermittently; radio was working fine. Stopped for gas and the gas lid wouldn't release. Tried to open the rear gate and it wouldn't open (not manually when I applied my hand to the rear gate handle, and not when I hit the fob rear gate release). Used the manual gas release to fill up my tank. Started down the road and turned the radio back on; showed the station, but no sound. Turned front wipers back on, didn't work at all now. Got home and checked fuses (interior fuse box, to drivers left): the front wiper fuse, not blown; the radio fuses, not blown. Randomly selected others, none blown. Turned the vehicle back on, the steering column didn't return to my preset setting and I couldn't adjust it either. Only had this vehicle 3 months and driven less than 1,000 mile (26000 miles on it, thought it was a bargain with such low miles).

·
Registered
578 Posts
This is not a defect of the truck, it's a chance we take every time we help someone boost their vehicle. The fuse link may be intermittent, hence the working/not-working. This is not a regular type fuse and the fuse panel may have to be partially disassembled for access. Just checked my truck, I might be the 125amp fuselink located underneath the battery"s positive post electrical box. Also check for any loose connections at that fuselink.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Confirmed that the 125amp fuse-link is located in the battery box at the positive terminal of the battery. I would replace it to eliminate it as a source of your problem.... also check that the connections for that link is secure.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks sienna 1

I printed your suggestion out and handed it to the Gatorland Toyota service tech (where I bought the 2008 Veracruz less than 3 months ago). The 125a fuse above the + battery terminal was blown. They replaced it, and it immediately blew again. They told me it was a short in the wiring that had been added by the previous owner to a trailer hitch; so they just disconnected the trailer wiring, put in a fresh 125a fuse. Now everything works. Thanks to you, they didn't have to hunt around trying to figure out what was wrong. Many thanks, my friend... :)

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
great diagnosis and suggested repair Sienna1.

one of the reasons i came to the boards...help like this is INVALUABLE.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm stuck

Im starting to have problems with my veracruz. It's shutting off while I'm driving snd I don't know what is causing the problem.

·
Registered
1 Posts
No wipers, fuel door or rear ac.

Nice call Sienna1! The list including the wipers, fuel door and rear ac tipped me off. I could not find a replacement link (dealer only) but when I reinstalled it until I got the replacement, everything worked again. Big help. Saved me a lot of troubleshooting for nothing.

·
Registered
217 Posts
I printed your suggestion out and handed it to the Gatorland Toyota service tech (where I bought the 2008 Veracruz less than 3 months ago). The 125a fuse above the + battery terminal was blown. They replaced it, and it immediately blew again. They told me it was a short in the wiring that had been added by the previous owner to a trailer hitch; so they just disconnected the trailer wiring, put in a fresh 125a fuse. Now everything works. Thanks to you, they didn't have to hunt around trying to figure out what was wrong. Many thanks, my friend... :)
Sounds like you got really lucky. You said earlier that you were driving in the rain when the problem initially emerged. And the shop says it was a short in the trailer hitch wiring.

Well, in my previous VC the trailer hitch wiring harness shorted, but the fuse did not blow. And the rear caught fire instead...
http://www.hyundai-forums.com/veracruz-forum/200585-hitch-wiring-harness-fire.html

·
Registered
1 Posts
Took my 2008 Veracruz to get oil changed and brakes fixed. Shop noticed gasket had leaked onto my alternator and replaced both for free b/c of recall. After leaving, noticed that radio was on but no sound. Next day wipers wouldn't work and a/c was blowing hot air. Took car back and then shop says that door locks, tailgate, and door to gas cap aren't working. They claim they have never seen anything like it. Checked 125 fuse and said it is fine. Asked if problems could be b/c of alternator change but they said if something would have shorted that alternator would not work. Ordered new wiper motor and body control module and now they say battery is dead. Any help would be appreciated!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts