Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all.
I am a new user to the forum.
My 2011 Hyundai Elantra GLS Touring seems to have a good battery charge, when turning the key on all dash lights light up, and four way flashers can't be turned off, but no action or noise when trying to start.
Any suggestions?

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
15,298 Posts
Does your car have remote locking?
It sounds like your alarm is armed. That would cause the hazard lights to flash, and it would immobilize the starter motor.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No I do not have remote locking. But it could be related to the security system that comes with the car.

·
Registered
15,298 Posts
When the car has the remote locking alarm system you can usually disarm the alarm by switching the ignition on and leave it on for approx 30 seconds. This is to allow you to disarm the alarm if the remote fails. I don't know if that will work on your car since you don't have the remote but it might be worth a try. That might get the engine cranking.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you AutoSpark. I went back to my car, unlocked it. And it started right up. It was an alarm system issue where I had not locked my car when I got out prior to this issue. I never got a remote key device when I purchased this used car but I had noticed the red light previously. I thought it was curious that the 4 way flashers came on. When I had left the car, I had not tried locking the door and re-entering. So when I returned it was fine. A big bravo out to this forum.

·
Registered
15,298 Posts
Great to hear your mobile again. Thanks for posting back with the update.

Scottie.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts