Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2011 Sonata, installed HIDEXTRA headlights, did not use a relay harness as instructions said it was only recommended on pre-2004 vehicles. first light installed & worked no issue. after installing driver side light noticed passenger turn signal light on, though car off. removed the entire hid package, issue same passenger turn signal on all the time. disconnected battery, both connectors for the evening. now when i hook battery up, + then - terminal all lights flicker dash included, wipers intermitiently run , like battery bad. checked battery voltage it is good, but put on charger for s & giggles.
what could this hid setup have blown out?

·
Registered
213 Posts
You definitely need a dual relay harness. I have a 2014 2.0T and I have HID's installed with a dual relay harness. The year of the car doesn't make a difference, you need the harness to protect the circuit.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
since car will not start now, electrical light show with battery installed, it will be towed to the repair shop tomorrow. hind sight sure is expensive!

·
Registered
213 Posts
Hopefully you will just need a new battery. If that is the issue, please get a dual relay harness for your HID's. Better to be safe than sorry :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts