Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just had my check engine light and ESC light come on, also my cruise control will turn on, but will not allow me to set a speed. I have a 07' Santy 2.7 GLS, with 52k miles on it. Whats strange is that I just had my car emission tested for my registration renewal a few days back with no problems. Anyone ever have any similar problems? I checked the fuses under the hood and inside, no problems.

On a side note, I had a back up camera installed that day, but I watched the install. They ran power from the reverse lights and ran the connection to the radio. That was it? Dont see how this could possibly be related.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
QUOTE (mazin4life @ Oct 30 2010, 12:30 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=367513
I just had my check engine light and ESC light come on, also my cruise control will turn on, but will not allow me to set a speed. I have a 07' Santy 2.7 GLS, with 52k miles on it. Whats strange is that I just had my car emission tested for my registration renewal a few days back with no problems. Anyone ever have any similar problems? I checked the fuses under the hood and inside, no problems.

On a side note, I had a back up camera installed that day, but I watched the install. They ran power from the reverse lights and ran the connection to the radio. That was it? Dont see how this could possibly be related.
2007 and 52,000 mile, still warranty, let Hyundai pick up the diag and repair of that,,, :thumbsup:

Pretty close to being the oldest complaint in the 2.7L and Lambda 3.3/3.8 book...

#1 --> MIL & ESC light -- Scan, likely going to find (3) codes in PCM for throttle related concern.. repair is to replace throttle position sensor, and program PCM with the latest available update.

#2 --> Brakelight switch circuit, codes found in engine control, or ESC/ABS module for circuit problem.. there is recall for brake light switch, most all should be done already..

Throttle is electric and motor operated, so if there is fault, we will not have cruise, as cruise is function of throttle motor, so with bum info, you not getting anymore than enugh to drive car from A to B.. with bum info, we going to shut off COMM between PCM and ESC/ABS, as throttle info is bum.

Pic 1 - old part right, new part left, note shape of part

pic 2 - old part

Pic 3 - new part

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts