Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone else as annoyed and frustrated as I am with our power steering system? I mean, sure.. it makes it super easy when navigating a parking lot or whatnot at low speed.. but when you're travelling at high speed (not that I ever go above the posted limits:D) it feels really dangerous. The smallest input makes a huge difference in direction and it makes me really uncomfortable. This might be a stupid question, but can we swap it out for a conventional hydraulic rack?

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
Just have it switched to "sport" mode. Makes a big difference.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Your kidding me. Read up on the power steering issues on the forum and some adjustments that can be made to the system by the dealer. Too much information available to repeat here. Thanks.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Last time I was at the dealer for an oil change I asked them about it, they said they had never heard of that before. Guess I'll try a different dealer..

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
Last time I was at the dealer for an oil change I asked them about it, they said they had never heard of that before. Guess I'll try a different dealer..
First dealer I went to lied and told me they changed it. I didn't think they really did it because I didn't notice any difference.

Second dealer I went to changed it in 5 minutes. Feels more like traditional hydraulic now.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
What is everybody current align numbers sitting at ?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well I'm an idiot, for many reasons, but regarding this.. I didn't realize we had the scanner tool at work that is needed to switch it to Sport mode. It took 5 minutes and the difference is unreal.. it's like I'm driving a different car. I totally recommend this to anyone. That was my biggest gripe with the car.. now it's resolved, and I am ecstatic.

·
Registered
4,415 Posts
Wait a minute here guys!!! I have a2012 SE turbo - I can have the steering turn to sports mode? Frankly I thought that by getting the SE, it would be "sport mode" already!

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
Wait a minute here guys!!! I have a2012 SE turbo - I can have the steering turn to sports mode? Frankly I thought that by getting the SE, it would be "sport mode" already!
I believe the SE mode is the "middle mode".

Sport mode has the least amount of electric assist. There's three modes.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
There is GLS, SE, and Sport. Mine (on my 2012 2.0T) was set to "SE".. changed it to "Sport" and it's transformed the driving experience completely. Take it to the dealer and either ask them at the desk, or pop around back and speak to a tech, it literally takes 5 minutes.

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
From some of the complaints I see posted on this site, I have to agree.
The wandering is worse on some roads than others, so it isn't always noticeable on a short test drive.

I was mostly looking for the left pull issue I had read so much about, but I've never had that problem with my car.

·
Registered
343 Posts
So what Mikemu indicated it is only for the 2014 models!
No, I think he only indicated that it is driver selectable in 2014. Apparently this has been a setting in the car's computer for a long time but you probably have to have an OBD II scanner to read/set it.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts