Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
suddenly my phone shows Hyundai wifi - i get a warning that internet not available//
Should I delete that network? is it needed for android auto?

·
Registered
2021 Elantra N-Line
33 Posts
It is used for wireless android auto. Internet will not be available through that wifi, but that's ok. Your phone should fall back to mobile data while staying connected to the Hyundai wifi for wireless Android Auto.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I thank you for the response - BUT it did not - i was not able to receive texts and i missed a deadline.. Should i delete that network, or disable wifi?

·
Registered
2021 Elantra N-Line
33 Posts
That's odd... You can forget the network or disable wifi, but your wireless android auto isn't going to work without it. You might do a search for your phone model + "user mobile data while connected to wifi" to see if there is a setting to have it stay connected to the wifi and still use mobile data.

·
Registered
11 Posts
suddenly my phone shows Hyundai wifi - i get a warning that internet not available//
Should I delete that network? is it needed for android auto?
You do not need wifi for your android auto. You are connected to bluetooth. If I were you I would turn off that setting on your phone that shows you available networks. All that does is show you what is available out there for your phone to connect to and 99 times out of a hundred its unsafe unless its your home network. There is no wifi unfortunately in our cars. It does use Google for directions and questions though, if I plug in my phone,

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Not really - I was outside a medical office awaiting the text to come in - I didnt receive it - my phone (note 8 )indicated a warning internet disabled! (Anything to do with "capt Kirk?!)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Not really - I was outside a medical office awaiting the text to come in - I didnt receive it - my phone (note 8 )indicated a warning internet disabled! (Anything to do with "capt Kirk?!)
;)I would go on a Samsung Member chat and see if there is something in your setting you need to adjust. Sounds like you weren't getting a phone signal. In that case it would kick into my wifi if I were home. I have no phone signals in my house and have to use my wifi calling ability. Has all to do with your phone and nothing to do with your car..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts