Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could we get any recommendations as to the best tires to replace our original low profiles? We have the lower profiles which we did not know we were getting when we bought the car. They are great for cornering but not for potholes, just sayin'.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Any low profile is not going to like pot holes, that's just the nature of the beast.

Claiming any tire to be the "best" is purely subject to opinion. Some look for the best price, some the best looking, some the best comfortable ride, some the quietest ride, some the longest lasting, some the best performance. You just have to ask yourself what exactly you're looking for in a tire. Best advice I can give you is whatever tire brand and model you are suggested and might be thinking about getting, go to Google and look up reviews on said tire. There's TONS of reviews for pretty much any brand and model tire that exists, and chances are you'll find one or several customer reviews that'll tell you exactly the info you're interested in knowing to help you decide which tire is the best for you.

Between trying 17"s and now 18"s on our 2010 sedan, I can tell you to stay away from the BFGoodwrich G-Force COMP-2 A/S if you're going for ride comfort. They're a pretty good performance orientated tire and they grabbed like crazy on dry pavement when I had them wrapped around the 17"s, they didn't seem to tread water very well though, and the aggressive side tread made them quite noisy on this little light car... I'm the type of person that will just turn up the radio lol but the wife didn't like it.

I ended up putting 18"s on the car and used some Kumho Solus rubber on them for the time being and they're not near as "nobby" noisy as the Goodwrich's were, they don't have the sporty looking tread pattern like the Goodwrich's, but they're still a low profile on a light car so they still make a good amount of road noise at highway speed (70mph+), but it's bearable in my opinion... They still handle great, but I actually feel a little less confident around corners with them than I did with the Goodwrich rubber.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts