Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to know what problems you had with your Elantra the dealer refuse to fix or played with your mind so they wouldn't have to fix it.

·
22,793 Posts
Service issues involving Ingrid:
1. Steering wheel peeling,
2. Plastic tab, shift gate on the auto trans selector snapped off, TWICE,
3. Hairline crack in plastic fascia cover on driver's door handle.

Refused to Fix or Played With My mind? ZERO! All replaced with absolutely no drama. Only words I heard were a compilation of apologies for the inconvenience.

Costs to me: Zero $$$.
Cumulative time in customer lounge waiting for service to above 3 issues: 2 hours.
Number of free cups of Cappuccino drank in 2 hours: approx. 5.
Number of free dealer advertising pens I talked them out of to hand out to friends: 30, more or less.
Number of donuts I've taken to the dealership for the techs: 2+ dozen.
Number of hugs I've received from both of the cute Latino service and parts dept. ladies: EVERY TIME I GO IN! Bonus! :thumbsup:

Some of you should be so lucky!!!!! Cheap (but deserved) plug: Bob Howard Hyundai, Oklahoma City.

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
On the Sedan, only problem was those funky brake pads, and they fixed them with no drama whatsoever. The headliner recall, and the idle TSB were also completed with no problems. None cost anything of course, and my dealer is quite good about getting you in and out in an hour or less.
Only had the GT a month, so no issues at all.

·
Registered
207 Posts
On the Sedan, only problem was those funky brake pads, and they fixed them with no drama whatsoever. The headliner recall, and the idle TSB were also completed with no problems. None cost anything of course, and my dealer is quite good about getting you in and out in an hour or less.
Idle TSB? Didn't know one existed until now. Link please cos I can't find it? Thanks...

·
Registered
543 Posts
Idle TSB? Hmm.... chalk one more item to be looked at on Tuesday.

The headliner in my car has started to make a rattle (toward the back), so the strips will probably fix that without a problem. :)

·
SENIOR MODERATOR
9,284 Posts
Refused: Driver seat dye loss and stitching deterioration. Was deemed "normal wear and tear" but truth be told, this was more of a district rep call than anything else and the dealer really went to bat for me. I fought Hyundai tooth and nail but they refused to cover it. I stopped short of using binding arbitration because I decided the fight simply wasn't worth the time, effort, and money.

Covered:
Driver door handle paint peeled off (strange how the seat is 'wear and tear' but this wasn't)
Rear brake rotors seized up
Exhaust manifold rattle in reverse

·
Registered
5,886 Posts
My current Hyundais have never been in for service, but on the Santa Fe my dealer once denied a claim for a fussy remote that had a range of about 10-15 feet. They said it was "within spec", and sure enough the owner's manual agreed with them. So the real problem is that other remotes are too good :p

Other than that my dealer has been aces. They've even corrected defects I didn't know about.

·
22,793 Posts
...but on the Santa Fe my dealer once denied a claim for a fussy remote that had a range of about 10-15 feet. They said it was "within spec", and sure enough the owner's manual agreed with them. So the real problem is that other remotes are too good :p
I can't speak to the wife's Tucson's remote. Ingrid's remote has really impressed me...as did Ellie Mae's (2011). There have been times when I'm walking across the parking lot and questioned if I had locked the car. So, I push the button, sometimes as far as 75-100 yards and see the lights blink. Depending on distance and background noise, I barely hear the audible chirp.

My boss's Lexus ES250 doesn't have nearly this range. Only reason I know this is from a "remote contest" we had one night while walking back to the our cars.

Is it an antenna thing? Receiver? Whatever it is, it certainly works well. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
13-01-034 is a RECALL...

----------------------------------------------------------------
Dealers must perform this Service Campaign whenever an affected vehicle is in the shop for any maintenance or repair.

When a vehicle arrives at the Service Department, access Hyundai Motor America's "Warranty Vehicle Information" screen via WEBDCS to identify open Campaigns.
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Description:
This bulletin provides an ECM update to revise the logic for the following DTC(s):

 P2096: Post Catalyst Fuel Trim System too Lean(Bank1)
 P0301/2/3/4: Cylinder-1/2/3/4 Misfire detected

Applicable Vehicles: 2012MY ELANTRA (MD/UD)

Applicable Production Date Range: From May 21, 2011 to October 27, 2011

NOTE: There are no vehicle performance issues associated with this update.

GDS Information:

EVENT # 306

DESCRIPTION - "306. UD/MD 1.8 P2096 DTC LOGIC IMPROVEMENT"

·
Banned
532 Posts
Service issues involving Ingrid:
1. Steering wheel peeling,
2. Plastic tab, shift gate on the auto trans selector snapped off, TWICE,
3. Hairline crack in plastic fascia cover on driver's door handle.

Refused to Fix or Played With My mind? ZERO! All replaced with absolutely no drama. Only words I heard were a compilation of apologies for the inconvenience.

Costs to me: Zero $$$.
Cumulative time in customer lounge waiting for service to above 3 issues: 2 hours.
Number of free cups of Cappuccino drank in 2 hours: approx. 5.
Number of free dealer advertising pens I talked them out of to hand out to friends: 30, more or less.
Number of donuts I've taken to the dealership for the techs: 2+ dozen.
Number of hugs I've received from both of the cute Latino service and parts dept. ladies: EVERY TIME I GO IN! Bonus! :thumbsup:

Some of you should be so lucky!!!!! Cheap (but deserved) plug: Bob Howard Hyundai, Oklahoma City.
You are much tougher than I am Rich ..... 5 cups in 2 hours and no 1.8 gallon flushes .... :eek:

·
Registered
207 Posts
13-01-034 is a RECALL...

----------------------------------------------------------------
Dealers must perform this Service Campaign whenever an affected vehicle is in the shop for any maintenance or repair.

When a vehicle arrives at the Service Department, access Hyundai Motor America's "Warranty Vehicle Information" screen via WEBDCS to identify open Campaigns.
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Description:
This bulletin provides an ECM update to revise the logic for the following DTC(s):

 P2096: Post Catalyst Fuel Trim System too Lean(Bank1)
 P0301/2/3/4: Cylinder-1/2/3/4 Misfire detected

Applicable Vehicles: 2012MY ELANTRA (MD/UD)

Applicable Production Date Range: From May 21, 2011 to October 27, 2011

NOTE: There are no vehicle performance issues associated with this update.

GDS Information:

EVENT # 306

DESCRIPTION - "306. UD/MD 1.8 P2096 DTC LOGIC IMPROVEMENT"
Thanks sbr711. My car was manufactured May 2012 as a MY2013, does it mean it is not covered under this RECALL based on the build date range above? Just wanted to double-check on that.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Refused:
Driver seat indentation and puffiness... Dealer claimed the wallet in my back pocket made the indentation hence not a warranty issue. So now I no longer put my wallet in my back pocket, rather in the glove compartment...:p

Covered:
Headliner fix (tsb)
Water condensation in right taillight - replaced with a new unit.

Waiting:
Rough idle... this gotta be covered under warranty, hopefully...

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Refused:
Driver seat indentation and puffiness... Dealer claimed the wallet in my back pocket made the indentation hence not a warranty issue. So now I no longer put my wallet in my back pocket, rather in the glove compartment...:p

Covered:
Headliner fix (tsb)

Waiting:
I have an Accent SE, upgraded seat materials supposedly. I have the same drivers seat issue with the seat fabric being loose and puffy. I was going to address this when I do the steering wheel that's peeling. I never sit on my wallet, too uncomfortable. I wonder what they will tell me is the cause? My massive 160 lb. bulk maybe?

·
22,793 Posts
You are much tougher than I am Rich ..... 5 cups in 2 hours and no 1.8 gallon flushes .... :eek:
They were "small" cups, John! I do recall a flush wasn't too far behind. Not certain what the gpm rating was, however. I am certain it was "Powered by American Standard." If that's "pertinent to the post!" :grin:

·
Registered
120 Posts
Refused:

Covered:
Headliner fix (tsb)

Waiting:
I just got my elantra (less than a month) and i saw this weird... hole in the back seat... do you think theres something they can do about it?

Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
306 Posts
I just got my elantra (less than a month) and i saw this weird... hole in the back seat... do you think theres something they can do about it?

Thanks
From the photo it looks like an indention from the seat belt buckle when the rear seat were folded down. If its not a cut in the fabric it MAY get less noticeable over time.

·
22,793 Posts
John's probably right. I'd wait a bit to see if the indentation corrects itself. Just don't forget about it being there.

By the way, is that lint, dust accumulation, or crumbs on the lower right side of the seat where the back seat cushion joins up to the rear seat cushion? If so, please vacuum it away, okay? I'm getting this nervous twitch just from looking at it! :wink2:

1 - 20 of 35 Posts