Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:) Hi, just joined in and just want to say hello.. My car (Elantra 1.6A 96 - bit old) just isn't powerful enough, any idea what could be the main problem..?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Originally posted by mkteh@Sep 19 2004, 09:24 PM
:) Hi, just joined in and just want to say hello.. My car (Elantra 1.6A 96 - bit old) just isn't powerful enough, any idea what could be the main problem..?
[snapback]1255[/snapback]​

HELLO..

FIRSt OF ALL, MESURE DE ENGINE COMPRESSION.
IF IT IS IN THE RIGHT RANGE.
THEN CHANGE SPARK PLUGS PUTING NEW, INTO THE CORRECT BRAND AND TYPE.
THEN CHECK THE IGNITION POINT.
AND THIS WOULD TO BE ENOGHT.

BEST REGARDS

Selenico77

·
Registered
224 Posts
also - you're pulling a lot of car with just a 1.6 litre engine - so don't expect a brilliant performance - the best I got out of a toyota carina saloon 1.6 litre 16 valve was 0-60 MPH in 11 seconds (the car was empty with hardly any fuel onboard).

Try checking out http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.com for forums on increasing the performance of your motor (but dont leave this forum - it's the best one I've found so far and I'm staying here - but others are good for more specific information)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Originally posted by mkteh@Sep 19 2004, 09:24 PM
[snapback]1255[/snapback]​

Worn out oxygen sensors and old spark plug wires can cause poor performance.
If you have over 80,000 miles on the car, put in new oxygen sensors and spark
plug wires. If you have a distributor cap, replace it and the rotor. (those 2 parts
are usuallybought together) Also, having the tires properly inflated helps.

Good luck,

Oilerx

1 - 5 of 5 Posts