Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting these rims for the right price but the width of the wheels says it is a 275/30zr20---97w xl, & I think that's to big. I put the wheels side by side next to my E, it looks so sick with a gap the size of my hand looks like it fits perfectly what's the max anyone has thrown on an elantra so that it does rub when I turn?

I'm willing to buy smaller tires as long as it works with this rims

Here are some pictures

Attachments

·
Registered
207 Posts
I'm getting these rims for the right price but the width of the wheels says it is a 275/30zr20---97w xl, & I think that's to big. I put the wheels side by side next to my E, it looks so sick with a gap the size of my hand looks like it fits perfectly what's the max anyone has thrown on an elantra so that it does rub when I turn?

I'm willing to buy smaller tires as long as it works with this rims

Here are some pictures
What is the offset on that rim? Stock is +52..

Way way too big rims to fit on the E. I have seen an E on 20" rim with 235 size tire, but that is stretching things.... IMHO, an 18" size is pretty much ideal for the E, and you can go up to 225 or 235 with a 40 or 45 profile and still fit. If running on stock suspension, there should be zero rub.

But it's your car and your money, do whatever works for you...

·
22,788 Posts
Is that a rayon/steel belt cord or body-ply cord sneaking thru the tread in that pic (right shoulder)? Maybe it's just the way I'm looking at it. If it is, don't drive on it. Should that sidewall or tread separate or disintegrate, your wheel is toast. Worse yet, the fender is going to look like shredded cheese from being beaten to smithereens. And possibly the front bumper, fog lights, brackets, fender wells, etc.

·
Registered
911 Posts
Seems like with a 275x30x20 tire on a 9" wheel you will need a 30mm positive offset or spacers to make it so.

You didn't give wheel width or whether lowering info. Pay attention to what you are doing or you will pay for it in wheels, tires and/or other part replacements.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What is the offset on that rim? Stock is +52..

Way way too big rims to fit on the E. I have seen an E on 20" rim with 235 size tire, but that is stretching things.... IMHO, an 18" size is pretty much ideal for the E, and you can go up to 225 or 235 with a 40 or 45 profile and still fit. If running on stock suspension, there should be zero rub.

But it's your car and your money, do whatever works for you...
I have never bought rims before so I don't know much. that's why I posted it here. The owner of the rims told me I could get smaller tires with it that those where not the smallest tires available when he bought the rims

Is that a rayon/steel belt cord or body-ply cord sneaking thru the tread in that pic (right shoulder)? Maybe it's just the way I'm looking at it. If it is, don't drive on it. Should that sidewall or tread separate or disintegrate, your wheel is toast. Worse yet, the fender is going to look like shredded cheese from being beaten to smithereens. And possibly the front bumper, fog lights, brackets, fender wells, etc.
Good eye! Lol yeah the rims need 1 tires but like I said even I honestly think it is too big to throw on the E but it looks nice side by side. I might buy them and resale for a higher price

Seems like with a 275x30x20 tire on a 9" wheel you will need a 30mm positive offset or spacers to make it so.

You didn't give wheel width or whether lowering info. Pay attention to what you are doing or you will pay for it in wheels, tires and/or other part replacements.
I'm a noob when it comes to this I don't see where it says anything about the width.

·
Registered
168 Posts
You could buy smaller width tires for a really stretched look. Why don't you just mount the rims and do some 1mph driving to see if it's feasible.

·
22,788 Posts
1 MPH? C'mon, Romel. Our wives can't even talk that slowly. ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts