Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know if this is possible or what would be involved?

I like pretty much everything about the Limited (especially the rims) except the chrome Door Handles.

It was a popular mod on the Dodge Dart:
Door handles

From what I can tell, the mod looks like it would be similar, but ...
LOCK & HARDWARE for 2012 Hyundai Elantra

I don't think the E handles are painted, so that would increase the cost.

(Of course, when the time comes, ideally, I could find someone with a Windy Sea GLS that liked everything about the car EXCEPT the body-colored door handles and wanted chrome!):beer:

·
Registered
279 Posts
My Limited came painted same color as car, never seen a limited with chrome handles.

·
22,788 Posts
Check out the pic. Remove that black "half-dollar" sized plug. Use a 10mm socket with small extension. Careful not to drop the bolt down inside the door. Slide the handle back, and out.

Are you sure the "chrome" isn't aftermarket "stick-on" chrome covers? Son's girlfriend has those on her "otherwise" gray Sonata.

Attachments

·
Registered
183 Posts
Tiger... if your handles are indeed chrome and not a sticker or something, I would consider buying then from considering you don't scratch them all up on removal! :) Let me know.

·
22,788 Posts
The engineers took a page out of the Sonata design prints on this install. I'm waiting to see what they throw out to whet our appetites in 2015. So far, I like the approach they are taking since 2011. I'll also have to weigh in "Ingrid's feelings" on this matter. And do I want to go thru all this mod stuff, AGAIN. Pretty much got her where I like her, now: Standing out in the crowd.

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
I agree with you on the chrome handles, at this level of automobile I prefer it to be as de-chromed as possible. The E isn't bad as there's a little bright trim around the grill and a little bit of chrome badges and lettering. I've seen some small econoboxes with so much chrome/bright trim it looks like they are pimping to be a '50's ride.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts