Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,
My wife and I purchased a 2010 Elantra this week from my brother in law. Great car so far but my b.i.l has lost his second set of keys and was to cheap to purchase a new set. So my question is. Does anyone on this forum has had past experience with programming keys and key fobs. I'm looking in purchasing an uncut key from ebay but can not find any good information for Hyundai specific key reprogramming. I'm trying to avoid stealership cost and would like to go the d.i.y route.
Thanks,

·
Registered
622 Posts
Hi everyone,
My wife and I purchased a 2010 Elantra this week from my brother in law. Great car so far but my b.i.l has lost his second set of keys and was to cheap to purchase a new set. So my question is. Does anyone on this forum has had past experience with programming keys and key fobs. I'm looking in purchasing an uncut key from ebay but can not find any good information for Hyundai specific key reprogramming. I'm trying to avoid stealership cost and would like to go the d.i.y route.
Thanks,
Gotta go to the dealer. Shouldn't charge you much more than around $50 to do it though.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Does anyone on this forum has had past experience with programming keys and key fobs.
All the time :D

I'm looking in purchasing an uncut key from ebay but can not find any good information for Hyundai specific key reprogramming.
You will visit your local Hyundai dealer of choice and pay them to do program as needed.. 2 remote an all immobilizer key need to be present when program done.. I will plug in GDS and go straight to CODE SAVING for the RKE, and into IMMOBILIZER for program of keys

I'm trying to avoid stealership cost and would like to go the d.i.y route.
Thanks
Not going to happen on the DIY level,, need dealer only tool to get into the onboard modules,, get your in-law to pay ?? :)
No inexpensive way out

1 - 3 of 3 Posts