Hyundai Forums banner

41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
I have found most of my noise now comes from the rear spoiler being slightly warped and the tape not being able to keep it stuck down to the bare hatch. It will then easily move around while the car is flexing or even over bumps. I am going to have to re-tape it as it was pulled off when my hatch was replaced earlier this year and the tape was not replaced.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Check the bottom of your hatchback too, my spare tire well was full of water. Was tracked back to cracks in the plastic frame holding the pano roof in. They caulked it up, but wasn't covered under warranty, and lasted for a while but back to getting water in there again.
GOOP automotive glue from Canadian Tire... about $10 for a tube... sticks to plastics excellent. Will harden like the plastic after... takes 24 hrs to fully cure from a flowing glue.
I use it on all kinds of stuff... fixed broken tabs on ABS wheel covers, etc. I swear by it. Will cover any crack and seal it permanently.

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
Wow, the spoiler is taped? sounds ghetto. I am definitely far from that point
The spoiler has 6? studs with nuts and also a long line of tape along the edge closest to the roof. My car has been baked by the sun its entire life so the spoiler now on hot days expands enough to make contact with the roof when the hatch is open. This is due to the spoiler being bowed upward over time and the tape is not strong enough (even with the bolts) to hold it down in the heat.

41 - 44 of 44 Posts