Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was just curious as to who my fellow owners are...
I'm a 37 year old guy, married with an 18 month old daughter. Bought for the functionality and looks.

You?

·
Registered
790 Posts
28 here, married with a 3 month pregnant wife. I bought for looks, size, and warranty. I traded in my lifted single cab F250 that got about 7-10mpg as well as my motorcycle...

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
28 here, married with a 3 month pregnant wife. I bought for looks, size, and warranty. I traded in my lifted single cab F250 that got about 7-10mpg as well as my motorcycle...
Forgot to mention warranty, THE biggest reason I chose Hyundai. After dropping 2 transmissions in our Chevy's we needed something reliable. Certainly didn't hurt it's the best looking car in it's class and has tons of interior space!

·
Registered
171 Posts
32, Married with a 23 m/preggo wife. I bought it for functionality , tech features, and better gas mileage than the 2006.5 Kia Optima v6 I trading in for the GT.

·
Registered
150 Posts
67 married, still a car guy. Wife and I love the ease of loading and unloading. The hatch makes it easy to walk up and plop stuff down. No bending or stooping. The warranty was a big factor as well. Just wish I had added the Tech package for the climate control and auto headlights. Had it since Aptil first and have 9,000 mile on it.

·
Registered
26 Posts
59 married. We needed a small car we could tow behind the RV. Wanted the Focus SE but couldn't locate one with a manual transmission. Settled for the Hyundai GT (23% off MSRP :) ) and have no regrets in 250 miles. Having the towing baseplate installed today, hope to test tow soon.

·
Registered
27 Posts
37, Single, no kids ..... Bought it for sleek design and good MPG, so far I'm getting between 30-32 average since my commute is 70 miles daily

·
Registered
2 Posts
41. Married. Three children. Bought the GT for size, economy, styling, and design. Nice to have a small car that can comfortably seat 5

·
Registered
660 Posts
56, married w/ 3 kids. 2 kids getting ready for college, so I traded my BMW Z4 for a new Accent and Elantra GT. I love to mod the Hyundai too.

·
Registered
2013 Hyundai Elantra GT
106 Posts
I'm 29, Female, married. This is my 2nd Elantra. I bought because I needed a car in a hurry and I enjoyed the reliability (and ease of self-maintenance) of my 2005 Elantra.

I was excited to see they brought the hatchback back. If they didn't offer the hatchback (never really liked the touring), I probably would have gone with a Fiesta or a Focus, but the base available features and the price point on the Elantra were too good to pass up!

·
Registered
196 Posts
46, Male, married with two kids. I've pretty much owned hatchbacks (and a couple of pickup trucks) my whole life for the utility of it. The GT met all of my needs with a good balance of looks/value/function. I wish the area in the hatch were slightly larger, but the extra space in the rear legroom is much appreciated by my carpoolers. With just over 7K miles on the clock, averaging over 31mpg and I'm satisfied with that.

·
Registered
128 Posts
23, Male, girlfriend, no kids. Bought the GT as my first brand new car, decided on it for the looks, headroom, mileage, warranty, and functionality. Happy with it but not ecstatic, few issues that bug the crap out of me. just rolled over 10000km had it since April.

·
Registered
4 Posts
28 year old lady, my GT is my second vehicle. Purchased with the intent of it being a family car... then got divorced shortly thereafter. Still love my Winston, though! :)

·
Registered
343 Posts
61 year old male empty nester. After giving my '06 Civic to my son needed a car that was comfortable, economical, and practical enough (hatchback) to be a future trip car when my wife's old wagon becomes unreliable. The fact that the GT is somewhat sporty and still pretty unique made the choice easier.

Geoff

·
Registered
84 Posts
35, male w/2yr old son. I bought my GT cause its the best bang for your buck out of a small car. It's primary use is a 100 mile round trip commuter and it more than suffices. I, too, will probably always own a sporty hatch.

·
Registered
69 Posts
37 male, married, no kids (but do have 3 dogs). Love the look, warranty, mpg currently avg 33 (hand calculated) in about 65 city driving. Needed car after '99 honda crv went 235k miles (bought new). No a/c last three years, so figured it was time!

·
Registered
159 Posts
60 yo, married, male, 2 kids not at home. Bought GT to replace '01 Acura gave to the kids. Needed another second car to haul crap in for house projects. Drawn to its style, warranty, price and features.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
I feel like this is a dating service for GT's!!!! haha

In any case, 30 year old guy married with 3 kids (10,6,3). We have an Entourage as our family hauler, but found we defer to using the GT for most around the town trips with the family. The kids fit in the back comfortably and the gas mileage, especially compared to the Entourage, is superb. I always have loved hatches, and wanted something that was sporty looking, fun to drive, got great gas mileage, comfortable to sit in and was trouble free. For all the above the GT fit the bill. My plan, and we'll see if it happens, is I will teach my son how to drive on this car and let him use it once he turns 16. He's almost 11 now and can get his permit at 15 so that's not too far away! He really loves the car and loves to cruise with me with the windows down, sunroof open and tunes up.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts