Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
I like it better than the current. What about the interior? That needs lots of help IMO.

Wish they would get rid of that hood line......

·
Registered
242 Posts
Sure reminds me of a Chevy Cruze. The current style is OK. I'd be OK with that new style as well. I just hope they upgrade the inside as well. Get rid of all that hard plastic, get rid of that stuff on the door, thats like cloth, but not. And it so freaking hard to keep clean. More colors would be great as well for the inside. Maybe a dark blue and a red?

·
Registered
3,724 Posts

·
Registered
2,980 Posts
i couldnt care less about how the car looks. but interior, ride, hvac, visibility, mpg. of course, power, braking, noise. useful stuff

·
Registered
980 Posts
Where did you see the tails?
scroll down through the article. the rear end is a little further down. Personally, I don't like the trend toward more angular design, epitomized by many Lexus models. I like the current design better.

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
scroll down through the article. the rear end is a little further down. Personally, I don't like the trend toward more angular design, epitomized by many Lexus models. I like the current design better.

Guess it was the browser I used for this site. Tried in chrome and they popped up. Too bad the side profile is still forte......

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Too many angles for me by the fog lights. My eyes go right to that area. Seems to not flow with the rest of the car. Ditch the triangle fog lights and it looks OK.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I'm going to go outside and give my MD a hug.

I went back to the MD after struggling with the AD redesign for over a year. If I still had my AD, I'd probably go outside and give it a hug as well after seeing this.

·
Registered
657 Posts
i couldnt care less about how the car looks. but interior, ride, hvac, visibility, mpg. of course, power, braking, noise. useful stuff
I am with you 100%. Exterior look is 10% of my purchase decision.
I hope Elantra 2019 will get stop-and-go ACC and that will be turning point for me to abandon plan for GT. I am not fan of turbo, DCT, high gas consumption but no other brand gives you so much tech as GT in that price range...

·
22,793 Posts
Hyundai must be having a joke. I prefer the look of the current AD Elantra
Love the styling of my other two MD’s. But this AD design does it for me. The bells & whistles put it over the top. Love this car.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I like the modern daytime running lights.

Maybe they will also update the ultra low resolution touch screen inside? It only has an SD resolution and is sorely in need of an update with an HD resolution screen.

Sent from my Nexus 7(32GB) using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2017 Sonata Sport 2.0T
2,037 Posts
Ive been looking at the 2018 Sport with DCT almost every time I bring my Sonata in for any dealer service. In hindsight I wish Id purchased it over the Sonata since I do 90% of driving alone on work commute and even with the wife the Elantra has plenty of room for 2.

This 2019 change makes me more sure that at the next trade in probably a 1-1.5 yr Ill be looking for a 2018 left on a dealer lot or a low mile CPO. I definitely like the current 2017-2018 over this initial pictures of the 2019

·
Registered
176 Posts
Ive been looking at the 2018 Sport with DCT almost every time I bring my Sonata in for any dealer service. In hindsight I wish Id purchased it over the Sonata since I do 90% of driving alone on work commute and even with the wife the Elantra has plenty of room for 2.

This 2019 change makes me more sure that at the next trade in probably a 1-1.5 yr Ill be looking for a 2018 left on a dealer lot or a low mile CPO. I definitely like the current 2017-2018 over this initial pictures of the 2019
I like the overall old design with the curves. I'm not a fan of the styling of the new design. But I like the new design with the modern Daytime running lights. And I wonder if LED tail lights(and possibly LED headlights) will become standard with the Elantra refresh?

That is the one reason I wish I could have purchased the Limited Edition last year. For the HiD head lights, LED tail lights, and side mirror turn signals. But at the time around Veterans Day, I needed the car right away and they only had two Limited Editions on the lot. And they were only Black and White. Which are two colors on a car that I am against having for a car I'm paying for.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I like the DRLs, but the grill looks a little widemouth. Like the rear. Curious to see the interior.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Curious to see the interior, but I prefer the exterior of the current model. To me, this looks too current-model Prius to me, which is reminiscent of the graphics in Virtua Fighter for Sega Saturn.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts