Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello this is my first post my name is Kenwyn and I live Trinidad. I purchased a 2013 Hyundai Elantra in February2013 and I have not driven the vehichle much. I got a flat tyre and that is when I realised that my 2 back tyres were cutting on the inside at least half an inch on the last bead of the tyre. I was told by the Hyundai dealer in my country that the reason for the tyres cutting is because I drove the vehicle with my tyres under preassured but I was not convinced so I stock with them and eventually they admitted the vehicle has a problem.

At present they are ordering a spacer to camber, caster and or toe the vehicle and I will like to know if this is normal, if these vehicles are designed to be cambered like this. I will like to have the vehicle replaced for fear of future problems also I dont think its fair for me to have my vehicle under go such a repair when it relatively new Have not made my 20,000 km service yet.

One other problem is the aircondition unit gives off a burning smell ever so often and the dealer cant seem to find the problem.
Can anyone shed a light please.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
This problem is not too uncommon for Sonatas, there was a recall actually, but your saying rear tires, so is this a solid rear end, I cant remember on GT's. Are they doing this on front or rear?

Burning smell, not sure.

·
Registered
882 Posts
The GT has a solid rear just like the other Elantra's. Wife's GT sits "squatty" as well. taking it to the dealer Monday to get an alignment done. I have heard about the shim thing myself. I guess I will find out what they can or cannot, or, as in my usual case, will not do.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts