Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone installed a backup camera on the 2007 Elantra. Does anyone have any recommendations on the most suitable?

I have an audio system that will take input from a backup camera, so I really just need the camera, not a display. I also want it not to be too obvious.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I can get some photos if you'd like, but I hooked a Pioneer camera unit up to the double din I put in out 2010 and mounted it just above the tag right between the two lights and it's almost hidden. Looks almost like a factory install. Hardly even notice it unless you're looking for it. Gives a great reverse view.

The Pioneer camera I used is kinda pricey, but much cheaper cameras can be had on eBay than will do literally the exact same thing.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I can get some photos if you'd like, but I hooked a Pioneer camera unit up to the double din I put in out 2010 and mounted it just above the tag right between the two lights and it's almost hidden. Looks almost like a factory install. Hardly even notice it unless you're looking for it. Gives a great reverse view.

The Pioneer camera I used is kinda pricey, but much cheaper cameras can be had on eBay than will do literally the exact same thing.
Can you provide photos/details on how to run wire from trunck to head unit including how to remove facia?
Thanks

·
Registered
169 Posts
Oh yeah sorry, I meant to get those photos...

For ease of install I popped the little plastic insert out of the trunk, mounted the camera too it, and popped it back into place. Had to create a tiny notch in the plastic insert to feed the wire into the trunk lid. Then I just routed the wire along the right side hinge. Looking back, I could have made it cleaner and actually routed it along with the factory wiring on the left hinge, I guess I was feeling lazy that day...

As far as removing the bezel around the radio, I used an interior pry tool (basically just a small plastic prying tool) to wedge in between the dash and the bezel to pop the bezel off. It's just clipped into place, no screws holding it in. But as you pop it off, don't be surprised if some of the clips stay behind in the dash (they're suppose to come off with and stay attached to the bezel), or possibly fall down into the dash and make you go fishing for them... Mine is currently missing one, it's somewhere in the dash, but the rest are there holding it on and there's no rattles or anything and it still holds on tight missing the one, so I'm not too worried about it.

I gently pried it where I'm pointing, the top first, then the bottom, working one side loose then going to the same spots on the other side to pop it loose. If you take your time and are careful, you can get it without causing any damage to the dash or the bezel.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, how difficult was it to get the radio to fit in where the old factory one was. Your looks very neat,but with the old radio and key panel below I am not sure how neat I can get it. Did you need to buy and trim peices?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi, how difficult was it to get the radio to fit in where the old factory one was. Your looks very neat,but with the old radio and key panel below I am not sure how neat I can get it. Did you need to buy and trim peices?
Not that difficult, it is a matter of ensuring the alignment of both the aftermarket radio and the dash kit.

If you your car still has the factory radio, you need to purchase a radio dash kit from Metra (Part # Metra 95-7326). Validate before buying.

If your car came without the factory radio (called radio-delete option), and the dash looks just like the pictures shared, then you need to buy this dash kit: Metra 95-7332.

In both scenarios, you also need to buy the radio harness.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts