Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I originally joined because my wife and I were looking at used 2011 and 2012 Santa Fe GLS'. We ended up getting a killer deal on a new 2013 Nissan Rogue SV AWD so we went with that. We traded in my 04 Subaru Impreza and kept my wife's 02 Civic (my Subie was a manual and she can't drive stick).

Anyhow, we are thinking we may actually trade in her Civic sooner than planned and since we already have one car payment, we are looking at new and CPO Elantras and Sonatas. One thing I keep seeing is people saying both (especially the Elantra) are dreadful in the snow. Some have mentioned the suspension on the Elantra being the main culprit, others that and the tires.

Now I understand a small or mid size FWD car won't drive like it's on rails in the snow, but are they really that poor in the snow? We get a decent amount of snow here so while AWD isn't a must have on both of our cars, I don't want a car that's awful in the snow. I know I could always get snow tires but that's an extra expense and semi-annual task to switch tires. Just looking for some input especially on the stock tires. FWIW, I'd be looking at either the Elantra GT or 4 door or the Sonata GLS (probably not the SE, I'd love push button start but not really into the 18" low profile tires).

1 - 1 of 1 Posts