Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My passenger air bag off light comes on. My dad and my boyfriend are the only ones who have an air bag when they sit in my car. What is the problem with the air bag?

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Originally posted by Tidalwavechick@Nov 28 2004, 11:04 AM
My passenger air bag off light comes on.  My dad and my boyfriend are the only ones who have an air bag when they sit in my car.  What is the problem with the air bag?
[snapback]3093[/snapback]​

please be more specific, what model year is the car ???

·
Registered
107 Posts
Originally posted by Tidalwavechick@Nov 28 2004, 11:04 AM
My passenger air bag off light comes on.  My dad and my boyfriend are the only ones who have an air bag when they sit in my car.  What is the problem with the air bag?
[snapback]3093[/snapback]​

it could be a lot of things. just take it in for diagnosis.

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Originally posted by Tidalwavechick@Nov 28 2004, 01:39 PM
It's a 2004 Elantra GLS. I just got the car back in June.
[snapback]3097[/snapback]​

Where is that light, in the centre console of the dash, by the clock ?? Does it say “air bag off” or “passenger air bag off” ??
Please give detail on when the light is on, and when not.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's in the center of the console of the dash under the clock. It reads "PASSENGER AIR BAG OFF". It says this when nobody is seating in the passenger seat and when everybody but my dad and boyfriend are seating there. I know that if someone or something is under 56 pounds, they wont have any airbag. But everyone I know is well over 56 pounds.

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Originally posted by Tidalwavechick@Nov 29 2004, 10:32 AM
It's in the center of the console of the dash under the clock.  It reads "PASSENGER AIR BAG OFF".  It says this when nobody is seating in the passenger seat and when everybody but my dad and boyfriend are seating there.  I know that if someone or something is under 56 pounds, they wont have any airbag.  But everyone I know is well over 56 pounds.
[snapback]3131[/snapback]​

well, this is for the Passenger bag only, if you put a child seat in it, it will confirm you that that bag will not fire.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Originally posted by Tidalwavechick@Nov 29 2004, 01:32 PM
It's in the center of the console of the dash under the clock.  It reads "PASSENGER AIR BAG OFF".  It says this when nobody is seating in the passenger seat and when everybody but my dad and boyfriend are seating there.  I know that if someone or something is under 56 pounds, they wont have any airbag.  But everyone I know is well over 56 pounds.
[snapback]3131[/snapback]​

The airbag sensor is probably damaged or has a malfunction. It should not read "PASSENGER AIRBAG OFF" unless it was turned off, or the required weight is not met. Since you state it only functions properly when you b/f or father is sitting in the seat you may want to take it in to your dealer and have them check the sensors.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts