Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all

Currently my elantra would start to stutter real bad when i slow down for humps and the only way to stop it from cutting off is to slip it into Neutral.

I have cleaned the injectors and changed the fuel filter and bought a new K&N air filter along with new Bosch 4+ platinum spark plugs but the problem still happens. I have cleaned all of the sensors from the mass airflow and the one by the throttle body, the only item left to do is an oil change which i am overdue for.

Any one with any ideas it would be appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
422 Posts
Titan,
I myself have not actually experienced the problem that you are experiencing, can you possibly give us anymore information?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had the same problem with my 95 elantra, it would seem like it was going to stall at slow speed, frequently it would. Took it to the dealer and the found nothing wrong except the idle was low. They raised the idle and it runs alot better, still stalls occasionally but that is due to weather.

·
Registered
422 Posts
No car should be stalling due to your weather conditions, unless you are from some region where your hotwire in your AFM is constantly freezing up or something stupid like that!

I would not class this as being ok.

If you refer to your other reply about this matter, i have written a response, I suggest that you read it!

Hyundai Elantra & Hyundai Lantra Forum

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Titan, toss the K&N filter, it WILL IN TIME messup the airflow sensor.
Have your Hyundai tech check the TPS sensor and the position at closed throttle, It MUST be at 9° readout. If not, have him adjust it with the butterfly stop screw.

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Originally posted by Dr. Hundi@Nov 8 2004, 09:54 PM
What exactly do you mean, the idle status may not come on?
[snapback]2475[/snapback]​

after 10.3+-°, the ECM will go OFF idle status, and may cause an accelerated idle rpm. Check it with your hi-scan.

·
Registered
422 Posts
OK, yep I already know what you are talking about. Just the way in which you worded it.
Throttle opening in degress and mV are directly related however.
The ECU measures the return in mV, to give you the throttle percentage.

Does this make sense? Have I worded it properly?

The TPS also has a closed throttle circuit, which if mal-adjusted, can signal the ECU that it is in "idle status", when the "percentage" of throttle opening sholud actually be reading a percentage of throttle opening, but it is not. It is displaying idle status!

Meaning, the throttle is actually open to a point which brings it out of idle status, but with the TPS mal-adjusted, it will still be saying that the throttle is closed.

This can also work in the revers order.

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Originally posted by Dr. Hundi@Nov 10 2004, 05:20 AM
OK, yep I already know what you are talking about. Just the way in which you worded it.
Throttle opening in degress and mV are directly related however.
The ECU measures the return in mV, to give you the throttle percentage.

Does this make sense? Have I worded it properly?

The TPS also has a closed throttle circuit, which if mal-adjusted, can signal the ECU that it is in "idle status", when the "percentage" of throttle opening sholud actually be reading a percentage of throttle opening, but it is not. It is displaying idle status!

Meaning, the throttle is actually open to a point which brings it out of idle status, but with the TPS mal-adjusted, it will still be saying that the throttle is closed.

This can also work in the revers order.
[snapback]2543[/snapback]​

EXACTLY,
the value range tolerance in mv is too much and vague, we find it more precise when looking the Hi-scan data in °.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
guys

currently i dont have the cash to take in to the dealer but one of my friends had a similar problem and he cleaned out the Idle Speed Control Sensor which i am going to do hopefully this evening...........

with luck this should solve the problem.

Duke how would the K&N mess up the Airflow sensor if this sensor is before the filter?

Unless i am getting the sensor position mixed up....

Thanks for all the responses guys..........

1 - 12 of 12 Posts