Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone… I’m a newbie here.

I’m considering buying a 2023 Limited Elantra, but only if I can get a rear wing spoiler. I’m looking for something like this:

Automotive parking light Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle

It says it’s for Elantra Avante CN7 2020 2021

I want to be sure it’ll fit before purchasing the car. Does anyone know for sure if the Avante CN7 is the same specs as the limited Elantra?
Thanks folks!

·
Registered
2021 Elantra N Line | 6MT | Phantom Black
202 Posts

I’m considering buying a 2023 Limited Elantra, but only if I can get a rear wing spoiler. I’m looking for something like this:

View attachment 473505

I want to be sure it’ll fit before purchasing the car. Does anyone know for sure if the Avante CN7 is the same specs as the limited Elantra?
Thanks folks!
It's the same. In Asia, Hyundai has it called the Avante. In the US, it's the Elantra.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

View attachment 473505

Thanks folks!
Also, can anyone figure out if the photo shows a sedan or a hatchback? Thx

·
Registered
2021 Hyundai i30 N-line (Sedan)
8 Posts
Also, can anyone figure out if the photo shows a sedan or a hatchback? Thx
It's a sedan. Also, referring to your first question, a similar spoiler like that does not come with the car unless you get the Elantra N. However if you want a small lip spoiler the Elantra N-Line has it (attached)

Attachments

·
Registered
35 Posts

View attachment 473505

Thanks folks!
Id steer completely away from AliExpress, specially in the area of car parts. it might be more expensive through US based Amazon sellers but you are at least more likely to get what you ordered. just saying caveat emptor (buyer beware).

Ive used AliExpress, Wish, and cheap products on Amazon. only Amazon has backed up things sold on there to any degree.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Id steer completely away from AliExpress, specially in the area of car parts. it might be more expensive through US based Amazon sellers but you are at least more likely to get what you ordered. just saying caveat emptor (buyer beware).

Ive used AliExpress, Wish, and cheap products on Amazon. only Amazon has backed up things sold on there to any degree.
Thanks for the tip.

·
Registered
35 Posts
False. The N has a spoiler for a legit reason.
for looks. the effective angle and area of the spoiler means at best 20 lbs of downforce added to the rear tires at 80mph and about 75lbs at 120mph. this is a educated guess due to its very small size. and shallow angle only gaining an increase due to the semi-fastback design of the car.

using the formula downforce = 1/2p * A * Cl * V^2 to calculate. but as I don't have exact numbers I can only guesstimate the size, angle, and coefficient (using 1.0 so benefit of a doubt to the spoiler) .

effective grip increase due to weight of vehicle will be about 1.5% at 80 and about 2.5-2.75% at 120 mph.

a "performance" spoiler is actually a visual thing as the vehicle itself and the size/type of spoiler neither have enough performance to make any sizable effect.

while it will have enough downforce and drag to effect fuel mileage >60-70mph to be measured. this is why I myself will stick to the duckbill style to increase fuel range and reduce the drag co-efficient.

·
Registered
2021 Sonata Limited
5,515 Posts
for looks. the effective angle and area of the spoiler means at best 20 lbs of downforce added to the rear tires at 80mph and about 75lbs at 120mph. this is a educated guess due to its very small size. and shallow angle only gaining an increase due to the semi-fastback design of the car.

using the formula downforce = 1/2p * A * Cl * V^2 to calculate. but as I don't have exact numbers I can only guesstimate the size, angle, and coefficient (using 1.0 so benefit of a doubt to the spoiler) .

effective grip increase due to weight of vehicle will be about 1.5% at 80 and about 2.5-2.75% at 120 mph.

a "performance" spoiler is actually a visual thing as the vehicle itself and the size/type of spoiler neither have enough performance to make any sizable effect.

while it will have enough downforce and drag to effect fuel mileage >60-70mph to be measured. this is why I myself will stick to the duckbill style to increase fuel range and reduce the drag co-efficient.
All this stuff is WAY over my pay grade!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts