Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an elantra 2017 it was working all well with the usb port and the memory, I had the songs separated by folders and I could play them without problems, suddenly I stop reading the memory, when I connect it it shows me the message reading memory, but cannot find the songs to play, I tried to format the memory in different formats exFat, Fat16, Fat32, NTFS and the problem persists, only on one occasion it worked, I tried a Fat32 and it worked perfect then I disconnected it and put a different one and it works, but when I remove it to copy all the songs in folders again it does not work, I reformatted and copied only one song to repeat the test that had worked before but now does not work.

I do not know if it has something to do but I had some songs copied to the internal memory of the radio and I decided to delete them, for this I selected one and then I marked where it says select all the files and delete them all, I think that this option would only delete the files mp3, but I don't know if it had something to do with it.

Is there a way to factory reset the radio settings? some key combination or something like that to reset.

I already tried the small button next to the volume button, but apparently the only thing it does is restart the radio, that is, it turns it off and on again but leaves everything the same.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Possible damaged key, the radio may be more susceptible to accessing the corrupt sector and crippling the thumb drive. Don't format in ntfs, that is a windows partition format with security. The radio won't read that. They have no reason to pay for the license to access it. Fat32 and exFat are the common ones to use.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Possible damaged key, the radio may be more susceptible to accessing the corrupt sector and crippling the thumb drive. Don't format in ntfs, that is a windows partition format with security. The radio won't read that. They have no reason to pay for the license to access it. Fat32 and exFat are the common ones to use.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
I tried several USB to confirm that it is not damaged, I even bought 2 of 16gb and it still does not work.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts