Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Good day gentlemen,

While driving, my entire dashboard and all lights inside the car flickered once, and then after 30 sec. it flickered once again, and after 10 min while parked (car running and lights on) in front of the mall it happened one last time. But then it did not happen again, (so far), i tried to turn dashboard lights on and off to trigger it.. high beam.. AC.. but nope couldn't trigger it to happen again.

Some facts:
1. Changed my car battery 2 weeks ago (all cables negative and positive clean and tied)
2. Car was parked for 1 week as i was on vacation and today was the first day i drive it and this happened a while later after i turned car beam at night which of course turn the entire Dash lights (after driving it for almost 3h non continuous hours)
3. Before i drive the car i checked battery voltage to see readings after 1 week standing idle and got following results: Car off after one week parked 12.84V ; Turning on engine it dropped to 10.94V ; Car on 14.11V.
4. I scanned the car with Bluedriver scanner and no code errors
5. when i turned the engine on and put a lot of load on the alternator such as all lights on with high beam, flashers, radio, ac.. everything i could think about, the voltage reading started going crazy between 13.5V and 12.8V and after few minutes all the way down between 13V and 12.1V it goes down and then back up with ups and downs...
6. Never noticed this thing in the past before i change the battery

Should i worry or is it something that randomly happens and disappear?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Could it be the alternator going bad? Loose belt ?
I checked the belt and it looks fine, strongly tied.. could extremely high heat weather and car parked in the sun during my 1 week trip had any effect on it? Especially that temperatures are varying tremendously between day and night.. I don't know

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
3 Participants
grcauto
Hyundai Forums
Hyundai Forum is a community for all Hyundai Owners to talk and learn all about their favorite subject: Hyundai cars from the Sonata to the Elantra and even the new Kona!
Full Forum Listing