Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I'm looking for a place in Hawaii to wrap my roof in vinyl. Any ideas?

If not do you guys know who can sell a pre cut one

·
22,792 Posts
Wow. Silvergls may have an idea. You've searched your island yellow pages, local tint shops, etc? If you have seen ANY vehicles with full car ads covering the entire body, chances are there is a wrap shop somewhere nearby!

There's at least 3-4 of you guys in the islands that are on here from time to time!

·
22,792 Posts
no Im gunna have to start making some calls
You start that nonsense (making some calls) and you'll probably find a handful. Then you'll have to agonize over "who's the best, where's the most bang for my buck, best warranty"...stuff like that. Properly thought out, it will have been worth every ulcerated moment! LOL

If you do it, you have to display it with a pic! Otherwise, the rest of us can't drool over the finished product! :grin: Good luck!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah for sure once its done, I also plastidipped the grills and the rear emblem yesterday and remove the elantra letters

·
Registered
103 Posts
Dont forget to ask what brand of film they use, and to research it. 3m is pretty much the top dog when it comes to vinyl films, but there are others out there that are good, just not as good ;-)

·
Registered
4 Posts
If you're going to DIY don't buy the pre-cut crap and be careful who you buy your vinyl from.
You will want plenty of extra material and the pre-cut stuff gives you the minimum amount. One small misalignment and that piece won't fit anymore. Just buy a 2 yard roll (60"x2 yards = 5ft x 3ft).
Vinyl has a shelf life. A lot of resellers will buy massive rolls at a discounted price then cut it up and sell in small amounts. For all you know, the pieces you order could have been sitting on a shelf in someone's garage for the last year. If the vinyl isn't kept at the right temperature and humidity it can become brittle and the adhesive will lose its strength. The newer the material the better.

3M isn't the "top dog" when it comes to vinyl, they're just the biggest name. You can also use Hexis, Avery, Oracal, and Arlon. They all have great products with slight differences in color, style, and thickness.

·
Registered
4 Posts
If you decide to DIY then let me know and I'll be happy to help you one step at a time.

·
Registered
4 Posts

·
22,792 Posts
Wow! This is turning out great. Good info on "wraps." I've seen some finished products on here and they really looked great.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Wow! This is turning out great. Good info on "wraps."
I've started joining more forums and offering up my knowledge to the masses. I got sick of seeing uneducated people posting their "knowledge" of vinyl wraps which they probably heard/learned from their buddies and/or YouTube.

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
Looking in the recent Street Pulse, First Class Tint 941-6968 does this type of work. I know there's more but it so happened this periodical was right at my side.
Nice to see someone else from Hawaii here. Welcome!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Looking in the recent Street Pulse, First Class Tint 941-6968 does this type of work. I know there's more but it so happened this periodical was right at my side.
Nice to see someone else from Hawaii here. Welcome!
Thanks for the reply silver mohalo

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts