Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi my Elantra GLS 2012 overheated due to defective heater core and after using heater bypass. Reservoir bottle. From radiator is boiling and spilling.

I see now white liquid in the oil nor oil dip stick.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ohh really!?? Car don't overheats no white color in oil n still running fine. Just one oveheat will damage head gasket??

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No white smoke coming out of exhaust
No oil in coolant
No coolant in oil.
Temp low. No overheat

Do u think is just air in the cooling system?..

Since car still runs fine just some times reservoir boils. I did change radiator cap.

·
Registered
6,903 Posts
Where do you think the bubbles are coming from?

·
Registered
8,009 Posts
The t stat or radiator cap may be damaged from overheating. Radiator cap may just be time to change out.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
None of those above.

Issue fixed. Old coolant i added had mixed with gasoline and thsts why was making the reservoir boil. I replace coolant and now is ok.:)

·
Registered
277 Posts
I didn't see that coming!

Reactions: graham.webb89

·
Registered
1,049 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Gasoline in coolant, if this occurred mechanically and not by some hooligan messing with you car.
Is sign of head gasket failure on our engines. OR this is worst case scenario but likely too, your engine block has cracked. Combustion chamber pressures are escaping into your coolant. I would assume cracked block. A headgasket leak that severe would more than likely below white smoke until warmed.
So id get a mechanic or yourself to do a Leak down test on the cooling system as well as the engine block

You may be able to add some ceramic cooling system and block sealer. I forget the brand but it works wonders in big truck that's started dropping liners. DO NOT DO THIS!!!!!! - Until you have 100% verified you have a pooched motor.
I seriously pray that your engine is fine

·
Registered
40 Posts
Ohh really!?? Car don't overheats no white color in oil n still running fine. Just one oveheat will damage head gasket??
YES one over heat is it. That's all you need. 220f and up and your engine is being damaged. 260f your headgasket is blown, id put money on it. At this point steam and vapor is visibily coming from the cooling system of vehicle.
Essentially if your vehicle ever vents coolant, your headgasket blew. Not always, but a general rule of thumb to follow, Overheat = engine broken.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts