Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All,

I am facing issue with my Hyundai Elantra 2012 Basic model - Auto transmission.

For the past couple of month I am facing issue in which my Engine Light turns ON and afterwards I am not able to REV up past 2000 RPM. This issue can be temporarily fixed if I restart my car, Engine Light will be ON although the RPM will be fine after. The Engine Light goes ON or OFF for the past 3 months. I have checked the error through OBD 2 which mentioned that I have to work on the Throttle Position Sensor, which I did but still facing the same issue.

I went to different dealers around to sort out this issue but ended up spending a lot without resolution. Appreciate if you can share your insight and advise me on the issue. Thanks

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
I think you need to list in detail

• motor type
  • what code or codes recorded either by yourself or the dealer
  • what fault finding has been done along with any parts replaced
  • fault could lie in sensors, cabling or potentially the ECU

·
Registered
6 Posts
What code are you getting ? I have the p2123 and p2138 which point to throttle position sensor. I brought it to the stealership for diagnostic and they said the accelerator pedal needs to be replaced. They wanted 300 so I ordered my own and I am waiting for it to come in. I don't think this will solve my issue, though. I replaced the accelerator pedal last week with a used one from a junk yard. I'm sure there is a chance that was a faulty part but I doubt it. Keep us posted, I'll do the same.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The codes I am getting are in the below image. I have changed the pedal position sensor and the throttle body, but seems like there is no end to this.

Appreciate your comments on this. Thanks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.